Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the JDM CRX's the only ones that came with the armrest, or would i be able to find one someday at a junkyard off a USDM? thanx.

·
Registered
319 Posts
1990crx said:
are the JDM CRX's the only ones that came with the armrest, or would i be able to find one someday at a junkyard off a USDM? thanx.
I've had mine since 2004. I'll take some pictures of it soon if someone wants to see it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
JDM?? 2 of my previous Sis had the armrest/console in them. The first one was my 88 Si, and my 89 Si had it as well, both factory equipment. But my current 89 Si doesnt have the console, maybe the console was an option that was deleted early in the 89 production run :? Do any of you canadian SE owners have it??

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to retrofit an integra console into a crx?
Just a thought.

-Jason

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't know about that. i know the 96-00 civic armrest fits with minor modificatio, but i would like to TRY and get a CRX srmrest before i do that...

·
Registered
734 Posts
1990crx said:
don't know about that.
I believe it's the 94-whatever Integra (maybe just GSR?) armrest that fits with a little modification. It replaces the whole piece over the e-brake, and I think right where it tucks under the center console behind the shifter is where it takes a little trimming. Used to see pics of it on the Resource back in the day a lot.

My old 89 Si that I bought back in 2000 came with one, and the car was 100% stock so I assume it was a dealer option. Wish I would have kept it when I sold that car.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The Si I bought had one. It's the only thing I kept when I gutted her. It's sitting in the apartment now. I may put it in the DX if I ever get around to it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know what I ever did without that armrest. I constantly use it and use it well I do. For whatever lazy reason, I use that armrest while driving....especially long distances. Whoever thought to leave that out of the CRX...sucks. :thirdplace:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
I believe it's the 94-whatever Integra (maybe just GSR?) armrest that fits with a little modification. It replaces the whole piece over the e-brake, and I think right where it tucks under the center console behind the shifter is where it takes a little trimming.
It's not just a little trim.

Use the rear mounting bracket from the Integra... It might take some minor modifications to bolt down. Shave off the plastic mounting point under the arm rest's front access cover - It's too far forward to use and makes the console sit too high. Fabricate a bracket to use the CRX's front mounting holes and drill a hole in each side of the arm rest to use your new bracket. Trim and blend the joint between the center console and the armrest... Take it a little at a time - you can't put material back.
The only down side is you loose the e-brake console/seat/belt buckle cup holder.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i know that the dash,s are different... but in my 91 civic 4 door i retrofitted an integra console into it..... drilled 2 new front holes and it was darn near a bolt in....

·
Registered
319 Posts

This is what's in my CRX. I also had modified the center console (passenger's side) to hold one of those cup holders until my father broke it while I was gone. If anyone wants an explanation, let me know and I'll show you a great place for a cup holder.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
there were a couple available stateside, one was OEM, then the other was an aftermarket company. The OEM ones in black go for as much as 300 on ebay, if not more. They are extremely rare.

Civic sedan/hatch ones fit with minor mods.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
rex2nr said:
The OEM ones in black go for as much as 300 on ebay, if not more.
Seriously? Just the CRX, or the Civic ones too? I've been holding on to a pair of Civic arm rests - one black, one grey. I would be perfectly happy to trade in a few chunks of ABS for a new camera. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
There IS a chance that you can find one in a junkyard. I've seen it happen exactly... once. That was where I found mine - a junkyard in Pasadena, Texas. Guess I got there right after the car was dropped off at the Pick-n-Pull yard, 'cause I got the dealer-option CRX armrest (in black) for all of TWO DOLLARS. :) It needed a bit of TLC for the upholstered top, but the rest is all there, and it's in good working order. I'm redoing the cushion with a swatch of material I cut out of a '90-'91 Si seat (with the red stitching in it, so it will match my current seats). Don't worry - I didn't trash any good seats to get the material; I found a section just big enough for my needs on a seat that was otherwise a goner.

One of these days I'll get off my lazy butt and finish the top so I can install it and take pics...

Mike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.