Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my cable for my hood latch came undone and now its just hanging there, i got the bumper off because when i was workin on it to prep it for paint i didnt put back in the 3 middle screws so i got lucky on that part sp i can get the bumper off...is there any way i can attach that cable back on or pull something to pop the hood?

if u have any info let me know..thnx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i cant pop the hood at all....bumpers off...but the cable is dis-tached, so thats why i cant pop the hood

anything i can do? or do i have to hack up my hood and get a new one

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
You could still pop the hood, you'll need to manually pull the tab under the hood latch that the cable connects to. Since you have the bumper off, you should be able to have a look under there and see what I mean. I believe it's to the right of the spring and you'll move it to the left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i tried to look and see where the latch was, and all i could see is where the lever for the hood is that you push over to get the hood open when u actually have the hood popped, and im lookin to see what ur sayin i'll keep tryin tho...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nevermind i finally got it...turns out the bracket that the ball for the cable hooks up to completely broke off somehow, so i finally got a hold of it and was able to pull it to the left like you said, thanks bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.