Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw this artcile on jdmuniverse http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/view.php?pg=maplight
and it looked easy enough to try. I found out that i'd have to do some mods to the sunroof which involved cutting it. If I mess up I could have a leaky roof to deal with so I made a bracket instead that doesn't harm the sunroof but only the headliner. Let me know what you think. I still need to sand the bracket a bit more and then paint it.

I cut the headliner to fit the map light

Picture of the bracket

Test fitting

Testing fitting with everything put back in place

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'll be able to finish it this week and post some final images this weekend. I'll also see how much it'll cost to produce it. I have a buddy that can help me out in that department. I don't know if it'll fit in a non Si because the headliners aren't the same. I could be wrong though and I'll double check and get back with you.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Baker said:
This would be very useful in adding more light to the already dim CRX cabin.
I'm not overpaying for a JDM hyped light though.
I'd love to try and find a map light from any Honda that would work with the limited room of the SI headliner.
Couldn't you just add a few wires to the OEM dome light and run some LED lights up next to the rear view mirror, so when you turn on the dome light they come on too?

There's a ton of variations of the LED and there's bound to be something appealing to fit up next to the visors/mirror.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
elsorullo said:
^^^the price to pay 2 be unique.
Ehh, I guess.

mithuth said:
Couldn't you just add a few wires to the OEM dome light and run some LED lights up next to the rear view mirror, so when you turn on the dome light they come on too?
Hmm, I suppose you could. I'd just like the look of some sort of OE map light, I'm just not paying out the whoo ha for something "JDM" when I can find nice USDM alternative that requires the same sort of installation.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Holy_CRX said:
Yeah I have always wondered why they didnt put some sort of lights up there to begin with, Also why WE DONT HAVE ANY CUPHOLDERS!!!!!
I KNOW!
I went to BK last night, get home and I'm like "Where did my cup go?.. OH CRAP!". Soda all over the floor. The reason? The japs are smart. Get a girl and stick it between her legs (the cup).

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
although to solve the cup holder issue, you can always search for the dash organizer with a cup holder, or do the mods

but what map light is that?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts