Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thrashy said:
Personally I think it looks freaking awesome on first-gens. Something about the boxier proportions. The one made for the 88-91's is just too bulky. It screws up the lines of the rear.
I agree they look much better on the first gen... but they look even better on older American muscle. I would say I like louvers, but the car has to be right... and the 2nd gen is not right for louvers, imo.

·
Registered
894 Posts
inthewoods said:
LowFlyin' said:
Because, back when these cars were new, tint for windows wasn't invented/marketed yet.
How old are you?? I had a car tinted at a tint shop back in '89 :rolleyes1:
Flamegurl said:
LowFlyin' said:
Because, back when these cars were new, tint for windows wasn't invented/marketed yet.
All crx's come with slighty tinted glass..... so if it wasn't invented... how did they deliver new crx's? In Japan they could PICK between normal tint and bronzed!
I'm talking about the film tint, and that's why I said invented/marketed. I don't know when film tint became mainstream, but it wasn't before louvers.

Bunch of fuckin' high and mighty pricks.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louver

i guess if you're gonna get picky about it then sure louvers came out first back in the middle ages.
>.>;;

But by the time the 2nd gen crx came out, I believe window film tint was already in existence. On that note, my dad tells stories of how he used to sleep in his car before he was married and therefore attempted to use those cheap film tints. This means its prior to 1986 that film tints were being used and for a person like my dad to acquire... it couldn't have been too hard.

Anyways, back on topic with the louvers, any better pictures of 2nd gens with louvers?

nvm, i take initiative haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
windraver said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louver

i guess if you're gonna get picky about it then sure louvers came out first back in the middle ages.
>.>;;

But by the time the 2nd gen crx came out, I believe window film tint was already in existence. On that note, my dad tells stories of how he used to sleep in his car before he was married and therefore attempted to use those cheap film tints. This means its prior to 1986 that film tints were being used and for a person like my dad to acquire... it couldn't have been too hard.

Anyways, back on topic with the louvers, any better pictures of 2nd gens with louvers?

nvm, i take initiative haha

that's exactly what im talking about...some cars can get away with it and they look great, plus i would add in the uniqueness factor...i think they would look great with my car because its white and black... :p

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
A lil more photoshop fun for eye candy

Now you can pick which color you like too :]

Black? (most difficult to do actually so sorry if its kinda fake... cuz it is)

Pink for the ladies?

Rio red?

How about y49?

Some random red color I made up

A nice blue :]

Maybe a bit purple?

·
Registered
137 Posts
pappy89crx said:
i want!!!!
I got these and they were butt ugly so I stripped them to bare metal, primered, and painted them. I rocked them for about 4 months but at the end I just wasn't feeling them, plus the fact that the double sided foam tape on one corner didn't hold very well and the metal tabs started moving a bit while driving chipping my fresh paint didn't help it any.
But yes they are rare...so if that's what your into...go for it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
dang!!! i might just end up making some if i cant find some in a junk yard or i can find some that are the rite width i can just cut to the rite length... all about the custom stuff =-)
i wish i had a muscle car still so i can do it on them

at least i dont want a huge spoiler ya know lol
but i am making my own lip kit and i did the crx light up logo myself

like my tag? lol that be cool instead of numbers and letters have shapes and objects =-)

·
Registered
391 Posts
i prob dont have enough money for them lol
a dude wants me to drive half way across my state to bring him my wreck 90 crx for a body kit.... yeah ... no
my bud will trade me a b18 with a ecu and everything and help me put it in for the wrecked stripped crx

21 - 40 of 47 Posts