Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
windraver said:
ah, so you're the one with the nice crx i found on google :p

haha. nice car.
Yeah that's me and thanks...it wasn't so nice looking when I got it. Luckily for me besides the coilovers and wheels, it's bone stock so it gets me 47-48mpg on the highway still.

Check it out:
BEFORE:

AFTER paint job:

·
Registered
289 Posts
justinw said:
There was some on ebay a little while ago. You prob don't see them much because they aren't that attractive :lol:
I'll have to see if I can find a picture of mine, or put them back on and post one come spring.

I bought them when I bought the car in 1988. A couple years later the black paint started flaking off and I thought they would look better in silver anyway. So I stripped them, used a wirewheel and sandpaper to get a brushed look on the aluminum, and then clearcoated them.

But I agree, they only look good on a black car in black, or if you have a fetish for louvers. The other problem with them is it takes a lot of work to get them secured to the hatch well enough to avoid rattles from every bump you go over. They do work really well to keep the sun out of the car though, especially if you can park facing north (here in the northern hemisphere anyway).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I agree they look better on 1st gens. However I think as *******-ish as it might seem. A Camo-painted CRX wouldn't look too bad with them.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts