Honda CRX Forum banner

CRX lurker

862 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Baker 
drunkenmunky said:
1) is the hatchback spacious? i play in a rock band and space is important for me to put the big speakers at the back of the car

2) are there EU CRX communities? something like this forum, but in EU (i think this is US based, no?). reason asking is to buy cheap second hand parts from other members...

3) how reliable is a 1991 car (the CRX) compared with other cars 6 years younger ... reason i ask this is because i currently own a mazda lantis 1997 model which i might part exchange with a CRX.

4) is it true that if a CRX is involved in an accident you're basically screwed up because the body has to be cut and welded due to its one piece frame?

5) is the CRX a two seater?
1. The hatchback Civic is different from a Crx. The Civic hatch will have more cargo room.

2. Don't know

3. In general a Honda is reliable, but reliability also depends on how well the car has been taking care of by the owner.

4.Most newer cars have a unibody construction, so this is NOT just a Crx thing. They do not have the traditional frame, so if it is involved in a severe enough accident, as with most cars today, it will be "totaled out", meaning it would cost more to fix it than the car is worth.

5.The Crx is a 2 seater in the US, but in other parts of the world it did recieve a back seat, although you realistically could never sit anyone back there.

Being realistic, if i were in a band and had to tote equipment around, a Crx would NOT be my first choice, it would prob not make the list of choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.