Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I saw a Rex for sale with obvious seat covers on it, but they had the CRX logo on them up high near the head rests. They obviously had been on the car a long time. I did not save the image unfortunately and cannot remember if it was on ebay or Craig's list or what. Does anyone know if these were official options, and if they were aftermarket stuff, where could one find them today?
Bruce

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes aftermarket ones like those ^^^^ are very common now. Out of the 10 crx's in saskatchewan at least 8 of them have the covers... mainly because the owners didnt take care of their seats. My seats are still 100% original and nice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The covers I saw in the photos were of cloth seat covers with a white, logo style "CRX" printed on them. Has anyone seen anything like these?

·
Registered
20,383 Posts
cwnavy1 said:
The covers I saw in the photos were of cloth seat covers with a white, logo style "CRX" printed on them. Has anyone seen anything like these?
Sounds aftermarket and NOT OEM. Unless they look like this and are embroidered, they are most likely new aftermarket covers or skins.
BUT, without seeing exactly what you are talking about, can't really be certain based on your description.

Here are some OEM CR-X seats, from a lower trim level, NON US Crx.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
In the early to mid nineties you could but buy aftermarket seat covers (the kind that slip over the top of the seats) that looked exactly like Si seats. Similar material, even with same middle panel with red striped material. They had "CRX" stitched right below the headrest. A few years ago a set showed up on Ebay. These may have been what you saw....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Anyone know if these covers or the company still around? Maybe something close in the same price range? I used to see them on ebay quite often a couple years ago.

I know... it's a 4 year old post :rolleyes1: . I thought I would give it a shot. They were affordable @ $119 a pair.

Thanks

Baker said:
Crx's from Europe did have leather seats as an option.
Nowadays their are aftermarket covers, like these:

or these

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have a set of JDM 90-91 Si seats. It has the CR-X, not stitched or embroidered, but its like rubber, glued into the fabric.

( I really need to do the passenger seat )

·
Registered
20,383 Posts
Will. said:
Since this thread just resurfaced, I was wondering if anyone had any info on these:

They're supposedly Honda access, also the eBay shop that's selling them is totally legit... but I've never heard of or seen them except in the aforementioned eBay listing.
Never seen them, but they look to fit the period and have the same logo as the optional access floor mats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.