Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 89 project needs paint before it rusts away?

all my money is going into getting it running so painting it is on the backburner but i still need to do something?

do you guys know anything about spray can painting or other cheap alternatives? the car has lots of primer spots and is just bad.

if i go get it professionally done, what am i looking at spending (on a decent paint job)?? i just need a rough guess really.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If I were you I'd look into Maaco. For around $300 you can get a paint job from them. It's not going to be show quality but with the right prep work your car will look good. Apparently Maaco's are franchises so some are better than others. Do some research into those close to you........

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i read about the tremclad $50 dollar paint job and all, would that work?

i dont care if it doesnt come out good, i just need a cheap alternative. my project is rusting away and all my money is going to the motor. if there is a way for me to paint it myself (i can get my hands on the equipment, compressor, etc) i will.

any other articles or information you guys have?

this forum > *. thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.