Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With bowhunting out of season and the weather warmer now, I had no excuse not to work on the rex. Had 3 of'em not so long ago but now I have just the one. Got rid of the 91hf 'cause it needed too much work. Got rid of the 90 hf 'cause I needed to free up some room on my used car lot. So I have one rust-free 90si theft recovery restoration project.

The car ran all funky last summer making big clouds of grey smoke and now after I changed out all (as in everything from headlights to tail lights) the wiring in the car, it doesn't smoke anymore. Last year it had a chassis harness from dx, a dash harness from a dpfi hatch, and an mpfi conversion from me. This year it got a complete wiring transplant from an 89si. And no more smoke... same engine, same exhaust, same sensors. *shrugs... I thought that maybe the mixed matched harnesses didn't like eachother but all the wires for all the sensors and injectors still went to their respective places. *another shrug

Oh and I don't know why but an 89si steering column is an inch and a half shorter than a 90 and wont fit in mine. Mounting holes do not line up as of now but with the ghettofabricatious gods as my witness I will make it fit.

Another thing I discovered - an obd0 b16 dizzy works on my si. Of course not all the legs match up but it starts the car. Shouldn't be a surprise though, it's obd0.

Thanks for listening to me yap.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool Deal Heu! Glad to hear you got a rex up an runnin again!

How'd Bow Season treat you this year? any pics?

funny thing about the wires... make me wonder if I need to do some checking.. I have a very slight hesitation issue that has been bugging me for a few years... ( yeah I said years.. )

later

Sneak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.