Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had got the red car ready for the b18 swap after the tranny went out of it. . . have to wait a few weeks for the b18 to get here so i thought i would ride the crotch rocket for the time being. . . ( 03 Kawasaki zx6R 636)
had a backpack on the back of it strapped down and at about 120 it decited to come off into the rear tire thus locking it up... about 300 yards of skid mark later. . i somehow managed to keep the bike upright and under control ( thank god) and not its out of comission too with a fla tire and other various busted parts. . . . I borroewd my dads truck but really need some wheels. . . . Well i friend of mine had a turbo t bird t hat he was going to sell me for 350.. . but today when i called about picking it up he stated that it had developed a bad rod knock
( darn fords) and so i keep on searching. . . . well got ahold of my ex girlfriend. . and she decited to finally get rid of her rex. . . as she knew that she was not going to be able to fix it up with out me there. . .
its a 91 dx
it had about 161000 on it. . . 5 speed air 16 inch 3 spoke wheels. . .2 of the tires are brand new i just put a clutch p plate and t bearing in it 500 miles ago. . . .and the urethane front bumper is new as well. .
it had been siting it my friends for a while for some minor rust repair onthe rear 1/4's so we agreed on a price and i dove in and bought it. . . . . robbed some tail lights out of my primered b18 rex and set off with a can of gas, a battery, a few tools, and the air and carry. . . . threw some fuel in it. . . . aired up the 1/2 flat tires and threw a new battery in her. . ..and she roared right to life. . . . i thought i had thought of everything. . . . when i remembered that i had the back bumper off and it was still at her house like 20 miles away. . . . .darn it soo much for looking legal. . . . . oh i gforgot to mention. . . .this car has a salvage certificate just like my red one did. . . . i have to get it r titled. . . . . its really no big deal about 50 bucks and a few papers and you get a title in about 2 weeks. here. . . . .

but anyway. . . . this is going to be my ride for the time being. . . .it will prob be for sale soon or better yet for trade for some other cool crx stuff. . . . so check it out. . . . but so far so good. . . i made it home

these pics were taken during various stages of its life. . . . . when it was first bought by her. . . . . . .after she rearended a jeep . . . . . ( hence the black front bumper. . . ) and fater getting lightly brushed by a semi truck. . . . I replaced the door and fender. . .

enjoy. . . . ill take some current pics tomorrow and get them up here. ..

Chris

1991 CRX DX 1.5
1988 CRX Dx dirt track car DOHC ZC
1990 CRX DX b18a SWAP
1990 CRX HF d15 dx engine with miltiport. . . .soon getting a b18

PS dont mind the ghey CRx mirror letters in the pics. . . . that was the day she picked it up and the previous owner added them. . . . they were promptly ripped off on the way home. . . .

also really like the way the car looks with the rs kit. . . but i have had one before and they are crap. . . well the fibergalss ones are any how. . . it really makes the car look good though. . . .. . then agian i became a stock nazi after having one and having it crack out all of the time. . . . Plus. . . .when you drive this 1.5 fire breathing machine every 16 year old kid revvs on ya. . . . . i like driving the nos injected red one that is all stock except for some bling wheels everyone leaves you alone. . . . .and if you have to waste someone you actually have a fighting chance. . . . . . sorry for the long post . . i am just raher excited about getting a new car.. . . . I m going to put a new radiator in it tomorrow and throw on the bumper cover and take it to work . . .
later all . . Chris

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nothing like rice for dinner.

Seems like a lot of CRX's are getting purchased by current rex owners. I guess I need to start adding to my collection of Hondas.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i didnt rice it out. . . . but oh well it is what it is. . . i dont think it looks too bad . . . besides i have 3 other stock looking ones so I think it justifies a little uncle bens. . .. .

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in pic number 2 you can clearly see the ricer previous owner that riced it out. . . . we were off to buy a stock rusty one when i came upon this one for only 300 more that was decent and was just done. . . . It was a clear choice which one to buy. . .. .

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm not critizing...Hell it looks 100X better than any Rex's around here. You're lucking to find one with a body kit painted and not about to fall off in the St. Louis area. You'll have an even harder time finding one that is still stock...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can imagine. . . . . heres the kicker. . . . the car is rust free on the underside. . . ( def. nice project material ) someone will buy the body kit and ricer wing for a few bucks. . . .the 16 inch rims are really nice and not bent. . . the car runs nice no rattles or vibrations , 2 tires are brand new and a new clutch.. . . . i know cuz i did all the work to it. . . . . comes with a whole extra interior fron dashboard to rear. . . . and the nicest part. . . . . . i paid 350 for it

heck someone would give me that for the wheels and tires

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aaron, iamnot sure if they are still in the car or not.. . . Ill check tomorrow morning. . . .i amsoing upto shannons to get the rear bumper andside skirts from the garage. . .. . . they are decent i think .. . . .the x needssewn back onto the drivers side.. . . .. . . . .ill let you know and you can make me an offer . . . ..

i can ship them ill roll them upand they will besmall so it shouldnot sost much. . . .. later man. . . ... ps get me some pix of the white car.. ..

·
Registered
214 Posts
My own rule (and others) is you have to have an equal amount (or more, not less than) of spokes on the rim as lug nuts that the rim is held on with (4). There by negating every 3 spoke rim ever produced since I have never seen a car with 3 lug nuts on the rims stock.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
akirarex said:
My own rule (and others) is you have to have an equal amount (or more, not less than) of spokes on the rim as lug nuts that the rim is held on with (4). There by negating every 3 spoke rim ever produced since I have never seen a car with 3 lug nuts on the rims stock.
:lol:

thats hilarious, ive never liked those type wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
toxiclows said:
Aaron, iamnot sure if they are still in the car or not.. . . Ill check tomorrow morning. . . .i amsoing upto shannons to get the rear bumper andside skirts from the garage. . .. . . they are decent i think .. . . .the x needssewn back onto the drivers side.. . . .. . . . .ill let you know and you can make me an offer . . . ..

i can ship them ill roll them upand they will besmall so it shouldnot sost much. . . .. later man. . . ... ps get me some pix of the white car.. ..
Alright sounds good. I can't take pictures of it right now because my digi cam is stuck at my Dad's house in Maryland, but as soon as I pick that up I'll send you some pics.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ill take the bodykit if you want to sell it. How much would you want for it? Anything wrong with it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
devin I think ill keep the kit. . . not sure why but i think i want one of these cars with a kit. . Aaron the mats are there they are decent the x needs sewn back on the drivers side. . . . .i wouldnt mind keeping them either as i have never had a set of them that were decent enough to be in the car. . . .however if the offer is good enough they will come your way. . . . . . ill get some pics of them and send them to you Daveb91 thanks. . . at least someone likes my new car . . . heck for 350 you cant complain. .

·
Registered
230 Posts
What color is the kit? How much would you give it up for though? I really want one...bad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
OH GOD!! :x :x man they shouldn't have done that

we can't even use our stock 4 studs on certain race tracks without getting better grade studs put in.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
oh my god.... I can't wait to see what happens when one of those "SMART CARS" gets into a serious collision. In the aftermath, will there be any proof that it existed at all?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Apparently they use some kind of race car derived safety cell system. It's the black portion of the exterior in the top pic, and follows the same pattern in the bottom one. I guess it's at least up for debate.
I could go for a coupé brabus if they were available around here and i had 30 grand burning a hole in my pocket. You could always have a machine shop make you some 4 or 5 lug hubs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts