Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing the internet and came across these again.
6+ months ago there were tons of these on ebay, then they dissapeared, now there are some on ebay again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ci ... enameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Hond ... enameZWDVW

I realize these are NOT for the Crx, but to my knowledge they do not make any for the Crx....yet.

Next to finding a Crx with solid rear quarters, this looks like the next best thing, they are for a Civic hatch, but depending on the severity of your rust situation, these could be an adequate alternative.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bil said:
How close a fit are those to the quarters on a crx?
To my knowledge, those are the best you're going to get since replacement panels are not made specifically for the Crx.

The Civic hatch and Crx are VERY close when it comes to the rear quarter panel. With the exception of the slight difference in the rolled lip, these will fit fine.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
rex2nr said:
I just wonder how the lower trim would mount flush with these.
In my situation, I'm mainly wondering whether it would be better to use these to get the curve of the wheel well and the curves along the surface above correct and smooth. I don't do this kind of work, but I'm guessing shaping the metal to match the damaged quarters and then smoothing out with compound would take a lot of time and thus equal a lot of money. I have some time and some money, but lack the skill and the tools. ('

I suppose one could replace the metal beneath the surface trim first, and then cut these down to fit the visable space.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I was thinking of getting them myself... I don't have rot on the drivers side, nor actually in the typical area, but there is some rot starting along the underside of the wheel arch.

There is such a thing as body glue.. I don't know much about it, but it exists, and saves welding, plus cuts out heat distortion from welding.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
rex2nr said:
I was thinking of getting them myself... I don't have rot on the drivers side, nor actually in the typical area, but there
Well, I don't see any reason for more than one of us to going running into the forest only to hit the same tree. If you're serious, I'm content to wait to hear how it turns out. But if you're just speculatin', I'm also willing to run ahead, get a set, and report back how well they fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive bought and sold lots of these and also used them on a crx b4 they are a perfect fit except for the lip being slightly diff, they are actually not an exact fit to the civic hatch either it is somwhat inbetween the 2, possibly when they created the origional press they considered both hatch and crx? i highly recommend these panels!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.