Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read about this somewhere and figured i would give it a whirl.

Picked up a 1st gen(86-89) Integra Front lip from a local Salvage yard for , i think $7.00.

Wanted to try to fit it on the front of the Crx, so i trimmed it, mounted it on there and didn't really like it. I was going to throw it away until i thought about using it for a rear lip. So screwed it on the rear bumper and here it is. It did need to be forced to conform to the contour of the rear bumper, but nothing a little heat can't fix. It still needs to be trimmed, finished, give it a good once over with the heat gun to give it a more true fit, and i would like to mount it with some slightly larger self tapping screws, but you get the idea so far. I think it looks pretty decent and gives it a subtle change of appearance.

Once i find some OEM rear splash gaurds the lip will need to be trimmed again in order for them to fit.

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
superEFguy said:
hey was just wondering.... where did the screws go to???? how many screws did you use.... wat kinda???
Go to the hardware store and purhcase some, maybe like 8 or so, self tapping screws. Put the screws where you think they should go and will work best to hold the lip on when you get it mounted on the car.

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mesa said:
thats a shame, cuz it looked really good
It's not a big deal, I still have the lip and like I said, I just never had time to get around to "finishing" it.
That originally was more or less a test fitting anyway and to get an idea of how to mount it and how it would look.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.