Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Administrator
16,557 Posts
Your best bet with the ignition will probably be to replace the whole unit. This would mean you'd have a different key than the doors, so hopefully you can get the door lock cylinders from the same car. Another advantage to this is that a potential theif can't just copy down your VIN and get his shady hookup at the dealer to cut a key for your car.

The LS engine is a B18. 1990-93 Integras came with a B18A1, 94-01 tegs had a B18B1. In Honda engine codes, The first letter represents the engine "family" in this case B-series. The two-digit number represents the displacement, in this case 1.8 liters. Anything after that indicates a "sub-model" of that engine code. You can learn more in the modification forum, where Downest has his engine swap guide.

More bang for the buck on header vs. turbo? A header is a simple bolt-on affair in the range of $300 with the benefit of around 5-10 hp. A turbo is big power and will require much much more. For starters, you'll have to tap your oil pan to run oil to the turbo, go with larger fuel injectors and possibly a larger fuel pump to get sufficient fuel flow, engine management to control the huge new amount of air getting to the engine, etc. You can piece together a cheap turbo setup for around $1k, but to do it "right" is more in the range of 4 thousand and up. My advice is to stick with a header for now until you better understand what you'll need for turbo.

The cruise control just looks ugly in there! I've never been a fan of it either. Cruise is an excuse to not be paying attention, imo. I'd rather be completely in charge of my car for every second it's on the road. :)

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
haah sweeet.
thanks for tellin me about all that stuff.

and yea turbo sounds like a total no-go for me right now.
I think the header idea is much better for me till i learn whats going down under the hood more in depth.

yea im like you when it comes to cruise control.
don't care for it at all. if im too lazy to press on a gas pedal, i dont needa be on the road.
hahaahhaahahha
plus i like to be in control always

· Registered
123 Posts
Just wanted to lend some valuble info to you, take my word into consideration. I started out with a dx and decided that i would not go straight for a swap. Instead i have purchased and installed the following....

- si transmission
- act streetlight flywheel
- mpfi swap
- short ram intake
- daiken street clutch
- tanabe cat back exhaust
- dc ceramic sports header
- obx test pipe
- b+m fuel pressure regulator (runnin a lil rich)
- msd blaster 2 coil and distributor cap
- b+m short shifter

And out of all this time and money, all i can say is PLEASE... GO STRAIGHT FOR A ENGINE SWAP FIRST THING! Not that i didnt enjoy installing, learning, and enjoying the slight benefits of each modification :D but seriously its not worth it. Though it is fun to see the look on some peoples faces when i tell them i beat their car with a 1.5 litre engine. :lol:

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ahahahahaahahahah

yea well.. thats why I'm here man..
we are all n00bs at one point..
(not saying you are.. just in general)
and...

i think that if i start off here, ill be in pretty good shape

· Registered
123 Posts
Just one more comment. The only thing i would do to that engine if your planning on swapping but do not have the engine or time to do the swap yet, is the mpfi swap. Get that golf ball sized throttle body and two injector fuel dump setup outta there. Plus the parts you will use for this swap have great resale value, so once you do the swap you will be able to easily get your money back on ebay or through someone in this forum. Anything else besides this and an intake, your looking at wasted money and time!

Oh i forgot, maybe upgrade to an si transmission... but only if that engine swap is not gonna come for a while. Resale on that trans is high also! I just dont want you to lose too much money.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.