Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a '91 Si and my ECU is fine but a buddy of mine has a CRX Si and he's been having trouble getting his to start. He went through all the spark, fuel even put a good Main Fuel Relay in and still it just cranks. So he thinks its his ECU and he asked if I'd try it in my CRX Si and it did the same thing to mine...it just cranked and wouldn't start. So what would cause this inside the ECU? A bad transistor, chip or solder needs redone? Can it be fixed easily? If so who does that kind of work?

·
Registered
274 Posts
90-91 CRX Si PM6 ECUs are inexpensive and not popular to repair as most just convert to OBD-1. Your friend is best off just buying a new ECU.

As to the actual question, the bulk of ECU failures are due to leaky capacitors. The capacitors will show a bulge or actually leak at the top of them in the ECU. There are kits to replace the capacitors but its a more advanced repair. I'm not aware of anyone selling OBD-0 repair kits, but this link from the OG Jason Katman at FF-Squad is a great reference:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts