Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wondering somthing... imma gonna go turbo on my crx and JW wat kinda injectors would i use for my ZC, its a OB0.. wat can i do??? how can i tune the car???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZeniceguyCRX said:
you can use dsm 450cc stock injecors and chip your ecu with turboedit
if your crx is a 90-91 si your computer is easy to chip if not you neeed one.

check out
www.homemadeturbo.com
Oh i have a 1991 crx si... and yeah how are you supose to chip your ECU with turbo edit... how do you do that and how much does it cost?? wat year dsm injector do i need to use???

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
First gen DSMs have blue top 450cc injectors in the turbo models and tan top 390ccs in the non-turbos, both are pretty good boosting a CRX. I can hook you up with some 390cc if you need them.

Chipping your ECU...
If you're staying OBD0, go to Moates.net and order the 28-pin socket, ZIF, EEPROM and datacable (Hondalog). This will work on 90-91 ECUs (PM6), but I think it's more of a PITA with the older ones. You will need a laptop to work with it using turboedit (pgmfi.org) and a wideband O2 sensor. For the wideband I recommend the Innovate LC-1, also available from Moates.net. Then you need a chop burner, like the BURN1, and optionally a Romulator like the Moates Ostrich.

For OBD1, you need the same stuff as above except the ECU will need to be replaced obviously, and moates sells a chip kit for the OBD1 ECUs. It has a few more things to do than the PM6 does (you'll be using p28 or p72).

·
Registered
25 Posts
how is tuning with turbo edit vs programs for obd1 ecus? similar setup, something to leave to others or a DIY friendly program? (<-obviously the latter with a lot of research but generally speaking)

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The general concensus is that OBD1 is far superior, with support from Crome, Hondata, Uberdata etc. It will cost you more, and remember those aren't all free like turboedit is.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
<---runs OBD1 w/CROME...
BTW if you need blue top injectors I'll sell ya mine.I never used em and they have new seals to boot!
IMO go OBD1 its far superior.Burning a chip isnt all that hard either.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It's very easy to change the injector clips over to a OBD1 or OBD2 one, then you open up a wide variety of injectors...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZeniceguyCRX said:
chiping for turbo edit is easy and teh software is free. If your only gonna run a stock engine at 10psi your fine with turbo edit. Just have it tuned off the base map and your good to go
well all imma looking for is about 7 psi onli... just wanna run turbo safely... oh yeah one more thing... well e-management work for ZC???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.