Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my water pump is goin out and i heard that its kinda hard to install.... I have a singo head ZC and i was wondering if a d16a6 water pump will work??? also i wanna the the steps of changing out and in the water pump.....

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
It should fit fine.

Set the motor to TDC. Drain the coolant. Take off the crank pulley, timing belt cover, and timing belt. You don't need to undo the mount unless you're changing the belt too (not a bad idea). If you're not changing the belt, mark its position on both gears and the belt with a marker or tape or something to make it easier to re-install. Now you should be able to see the waterpump easily. I believe there are 5 bolts holding it on, one is shared with the alternator slide bracket. Take the old one out, clean up the mating surface, and install the new one with some RTV and a new gasket. It's pretty simple, just a pain to work with if you have big hands. You will lose more coolant when you take the old pump off, it's not all going to drain via the radiator. Make sure to refill it before starting the car.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
yeah timing belt and waterpump. . . . .rockauto.com has both of these with the gaskets for under 50 bux. or you could go oem honda- the pump can be a pain to go back in to get it lined up righ but its not really a hard job just a little time consuming. ..

good luck

Chris

·
Registered
289 Posts
Definitely go with the oem honda belt and pump. It'll only cost you another 10 or 20 bucks, and the main "cost" of this is all the hours you'll spend wrestling with the crank pulley and everything else you have remove to get in there. Oh yeah and the fact that if either one fails you will be in the market for some new valves at the very least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.