Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a while back i aquired an 89 crx hf with a 93 integra ls motor. well turns out the motor is a major pos and i cant exactly drive this thing.

I want to either get another LS motor and have it put in by a more professional mechanic or buy stock CRX or a ZC motor.

Would it just be easier with another LS since I have those mounts in, etc? or would it still be cheaper to go with a ZC?

i am really torn here so what would you guys do?

and im not rich so money is a major issue with this.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Simply replace the engine. You already have everything else to make it work. 500$ can get you a very nice LS engine. You should do the swap yourself if you have tools and room to do it. You will learn alot more and since the engine is already installed now it's simple a unbolt and bolt situation. Make drawings and schematics if you are worried and label everything. Never hurts to ask for help on here either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where on earth do i get an engine for 500????? i havent found such a deal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
irtrueno said:
where on earth do i get an engine for 500????? i havent found such a deal.
I bought a mediocre (leaks oil) LS engine for 100$. came with a free LS engine with a snapped timing belt. I'm sure if you looked you would find one. Ever bothered to call a wrecking yard yet?

·
Registered
407 Posts
If it's just the engine without trans i've seen plenty well under $500. My friend has one for sale right now for like $250. I bought my whole B20 longblock for $400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.