Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
2,806 Posts
LoL... sorry Jfro, i've been waiting until i had 100% concrete dates before contacting you about it. Ken should know sometime this week. Also, the auto-cross that we've had the last couple years the night before the meet looks to be in jeapordy due to not having a place to hold it afaik... so we'll see.

If the Auto-X has to be cancelled, we're going to try to figure something else out to do as a large group... trying to keep it family-oriented as possible, but there are lots of theme-park and 'game' places to go to and do things like ride go karts, thrill rides, etc... so either way, we'll be doing something really cool :)

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
ComposiMo said:
Hey, are you thinking about coming down for the FL Meet? As of right now, its looking to be on the 29th of October... I'd like there to be more KRX's there than what i think will be there right now (3 or 4).
I would love to, but I am at my first year with my job, and I'm saving my vacation for next year so I can take 4 weeks off next year.

As for updates. Here are some pics of the final underhood product. I got some camera phone night time teaser pics for you. Light Via IPF Fat Boy lights(190W Low Beam) in my Samurai. They actually don't look too bad for camera phone pics.

· Administrator
16,557 Posts
That video is pretty sweet. I was listening to the announcer at the drag strip saying it was all motor, and the green civic was 2nd qualified to your 7th. I was thinking, "It's a K20-CRX! How much faster can the civic be?" But then he took off like whoa. Any idea what was under the hood? I guess he had slicks though, and I'm sure they helped with the launch.

· Registered
750 Posts
CRXBart said:
Yeah my car is ugly right now. I still haven't decided what color it is gonna be. I still have some 88 doors to put on, a HF roof, and I'm searching for a real mugen kit.
Hard to find real mugen kits these days and as you can imagine expensive. From what I can see of your car already, you just need to paint it - if that was me I wouldn't be too bothered.

Great machine btw!

Ash

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
jfrolang said:
That video is pretty sweet. I was listening to the announcer at the drag strip saying it was all motor, and the green civic was 2nd qualified to your 7th. I was thinking, "It's a K20-CRX! How much faster can the civic be?" But then he took off like whoa. Any idea what was under the hood? I guess he had slicks though, and I'm sure they helped with the launch.
YEah he has slicks once I hooked he didn't pull me too much. He had a b20 vtec, making 260whp. Full out drag car. Hi compression and everything. My tires were kllling me.

g4crx said:
Hard to find real mugen kits these days and as you can imagine expensive. From what I can see of your car already, you just need to paint it - if that was me I wouldn't be too bothered.

Great machine btw!

Ash
Yeah I know they are rare, but my quest will forge on until I get a real kit. The real mugen stiff is lighter than the heavy ass wings west crap, and it fits allot better.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Latest update:
Mugen CR-X Pro.2 Kit installed minus Replica front.
Cusco ST front strut bar. It Clears the K
90 VW GTi non-a/c rad

Ok new parts so new pics. Sorry they are night time pics. New rad, new kit, new strut bar. FTW Oh and yeah the cusco clears but I have to remove it to check my brake fluid. Gonna see if I can't do some kind of different resiviour setup.

· Premium Member
4,516 Posts
SWEET JEBURS! Bart that is one nice looking engine mang!

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
ollie said:
SWEET JEBURS! Bart that is one nice looking engine mang!
It's getting there. The bay is real dirty. I just got home from work when I took the pics. I'm not a hardparker by any means, this car gets driven, hard.

Wasuri said:
It just shows I lose myself sometimes. I had no clue this thread exsisted. Good luck
Yeah it doesn't move allot for I don't have allot of time to work on it right now. I got one of the side impact beams outa one of my 88 doors, and the other one is started. That will be the next project, and then the roof is comming off.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
SETI20 said:
Bart, I'm doing something similar with my center console.

Can you PM me EXACTLY how you did that?
I'm having difficulties making a template for this.
I started to answer you in a PM, but I have had lots of questions on this forum and others so I will post the process here.

Ok I welded custom brackets to the metal structure to mount the shifter to, make sure you keep location in mind. Then it flexxed too much so I added supports, basicly just tying in to the large main dash bar. Once all of that was done, and working, then I started the panel. I cut all the material in the shifter area, and everything out. Then I stapeled a cotton t shirt to the edges pulled real tight, I also formed a indentation where the MP-3 player sits. It is my lightweight radio, lol. Then Fiberglass resin was added. Next a layer of carbon fiber was added, and another layer of resin. After that dried it was sanded smooth, then the final layer of CF was laid and resined, and then the hole for the shifter and MP3 player were cut. Then I installed the ITR shift boot. I still need to finsh the edges. I think I'm just going to tape it off, and add some graphite grey colored urathane sealer to it.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I came home today, and a Mugen wing was definitly sitting on my back porch. It definitly weighs less than 5lbs, and will be going on my car. I'm thinking of it looking a little something like this:

I'm getting the blades on Sunday, and my Kosies are getting picked up tonight.

Then for track days, I will rock a set of these, with RA1's:

I've pretty much decided on black now. I like the evil persona of black cars, what can I say. Flamingo black pearl will be what it will be sprayed. Basicly I chopped up crxforum's car. Shaved wipers, stickers, emblems, sidemarkers, antenna, tinted the windows, tinted bumper lens covers, different wheels, made it LHD, oh and I will have a base model roof. I'm sorry if this is a let down for some of you, but it is indeed my car, and this is what I decided on. Black is classic, and timeless. I don't want to do any trendy bull**** colors.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.