Honda CRX Forum banner

Custom Computers? Letz see um!!!

5K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  rex2nr 
#1 ·
heres mine its about 3 years old i am going to be building a new one soon tell me what you think!!

Intel(R)
Pentium 4 1.80 GHz
512 megs of ram baby

prolly gunna upgrade er soon tho too

See less See more
#6 ·
i'd take a picture of mine... but im way to lazy. It's a silver CoolerMaster ATC-S also known as my "spaceheater" its seriously like 5-10 degrees warmer in my bedroom than anyother room in the apartment :cry:

i got it like 3 years ago? 9800 Pro, barton 2500+, Audigy 2 Platinum, blah blah blah.

#7 ·
I had done a little modding to mine, wire wrapped everything, blue lighting, blue case where everything was shaved and had silver racins stripes.

It crashed and is in pieces right now, when it comes back together it will have over a GB of RAM, Athlon 1.5Ghz chip.... I want to build my own case for it.

#8 ·
I use to be into computers and case modding a lot a few years ago. I never purchased a pre-modded case...that is what I had a dremel for.

This case went from having only two stock location fans...one 80mm in the front and one 60mm in the rear. A little cutting later...120mm in the front, 92mm blow hole, dual 80mm in the rear, and a side 80mm.

Here are some old pics...

Again this system is like two years old.
Athlon 64 3200+ Overlcocked
1GB Geil Dragon Memory
9500 Pro Flashed and Overclocked..Still the highest overclock achieved on a 9500 Pro according to Madonion.

#9 ·
My box may not look like much but it's custom built and running a 2 proc Dual-Core AMD with 6 gigs of ram, NVidia 4500 with 512 MB GDDR3 memory, and a terrabyte or two of storage not including a few more terrabytes on NAS. Also running an SGI Octane 2 but that thing is a pig in todays standards, that's why it's getting traded in for a box similar to the above but running Linux and few other goodies!

#10 ·
Charlie said:
i'd take a picture of mine... but im way to lazy. It's a silver CoolerMaster ATC-S also known as my "spaceheater" its seriously like 5-10 degrees warmer in my bedroom than anyother room in the apartment :cry:

i got it like 3 years ago? 9800 Pro, barton 2500+, Audigy 2 Platinum, blah blah blah.
Hah, that happens to mine too. I can't run my computer alld ay because it heats my room so much.

Mines still in it's "stock" box.

Upgraded that ram too 1 gig, still have 2.3 AMD
160gb HDD, and expecting another the same size
256 Geforce4 ( it hink)

...anyone know a way to make a computer spew less heat? It gets too warm in my room for a spaceheater as is.

#11 ·
azulito said:
My box may not look like much but it's custom built and running a 2 proc Dual-Core AMD with 6 gigs of ram, NVidia 4500 with 512 MB GDDR3 memory, and a terrabyte or two of storage not including a few more terrabytes on NAS. Also running an SGI Octane 2 but that thing is a pig in todays standards, that's why it's getting traded in for a box similar to the above but running Linux and few other goodies!
An SGI!? I didn't know anyone else had one in their house! I'm not too into computers, but my roommate is crazy. We have an Onyx and another, smaller old one which I think is called an O2 but we call it the toaster because it looks like a purple toaster. I'm going to snap a pic of my roommate's box for you guys... dual Athalon 64s with a gigantic water cooling unit that sits on top of the case and covers it completely, it's louder than my car.

#12 ·
Bah , all you flashy computer owners, the rice of the computer world :D

Mine is a frankenstein of a computer
who used a dremel? i had to use a mig welder and a grinder. she aint pretty but she works.

The case is a scsi server from 1986
who's add on boards are the same size as a motherboard.. so voila , dual motherboards!

contains a seperate powersupply for each board and for all the harddrives and periferals... whats that .. yeha , its an 800w powersupply

dont know what im going to power with it beside harddrives and such .. maby a blender? :lol:

#13 ·
azulito said:
lol, i take it you're doing some sort of crazy programming or video editing? 6 gigs of ram... lol, you almost dont need a hdd!! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.