Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I need your advice. I'm bringing my car up to college next summer. Its about a 3 hour drive and I hate the fact that at 80 mph, I'm doing about 4000 rpms. I was wondering what the best method of cutting that down would be. I've herd about swapping an hf 5th gear, but I was wondering if there was a tranny that would simply be better to swap in. For those of you who don't know I've got a d16 mini-me with a z6 head.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm guessing it's an Si tranny? If so then all you really can do is swap to an Hf 5th. You could put any d-series transmission in there really, but the Si is going to give you the best acceleration. The real issue is that the Si has a much shorter final drive, so it's designed for zipping around town, not freeway driving. The other transmissions will give you better economy and lower cruising RPM, but they'll be noticeably slower as well.

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.