Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i'd mention that my 93 prelude, my now daily driver, hit 186k today shortly after filling up with gas.
my crx has about 167k, it's in a car capsule in storage-kinda cool. need wheels, though. ishould take some real good pics, possibly next week when school lets out.

·
Registered
734 Posts
crxsitogo said:
thought i'd mention that my 93 prelude, my now daily driver, hit 186k today shortly after filling up with gas.
my crx has about 167k, it's in a car capsule in storage-kinda cool. need wheels, though. ishould take some real good pics, possibly next week when school lets out.
I was expecting more of a milestone, 200 or 250k. Anyway, good for you for keepin' them on the road. My 91 CRX has 179k on the body (engine has been swapped, obviously). The car I traded for it, a 91 Integra, had under 100k on it (I bought it in 04 with just over 70k...wish I could find a 91 CRX with that kind of mileage! Bring on the pics...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had a 90 dx that hit 245k before pulling the motor for a zc. i gave that motor to a buddy who needed one in his 90 civic, so he managed to get a few more k out of it. it's funny how crxs end up with so many owners...
2-(me)-bought the car used in 93 as the second owner w/61k miles
3-(buddy shawn)-sold it to my friend who needed a car after I got my Si with the clause being that if he ever sold it, I had 1st chance.
4-(my brother)-brother buys the car and a zc motor, start to do swap, but we find a 91 si out of state, so we start to part out the 90 dx
5-(donnie)as a bare frame we just gave it away to my friend's shop, the guy who ended up convicing me to go turbo vice supercharger-so he starts to put it back together with parts he ends up from other crxs over a 4 year period- keep in mind that when the quarter panels showed a point of rust, i cut off about 3 inches and sealed it, never came back. he added a ww body kit, suspension, repainted w/glass removed and...
6-(new owner)-sold it w/o a motor, so whoever bought it can fit anything they want in that body.

six owners!! what a history oh, the memories in that car!!

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
:jawdrop:
316?! on an original engine?
Nice work indeed if so sir.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A guy I work with has a 89 Si with 350k...same owner, daily driven from day one with (as he says) no major work, just oil changes and tuneups.

Mine will turn 200k (on the body, engine gave up the ghost) as soon as its back on the road in about a month.

·
Registered
734 Posts
ollie said:
Judging by his sig, I'd wager a guess that it's the '06 Toyota and not the CRX...low mileage on an '06 isn't any reason for shock, haha.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
ollie said:
Judging by his sig, I'd wager a guess that it's the '06 Toyota and not the CRX...low mileage on an '06 isn't any reason for shock, haha.
316K not 316 miles...but funny none the less... :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
:zzz: I was sleeping on that one.
I thought that he meant he had 316,000 miles on his rex not 316 miles on his truck. Oh well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.