Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, kinda... The pollen from the trees doing their spring thing did anyway, so says the doctor. And let me tell ya, it aint no joke. I have a greater appreciation for my otherwise great health now because this passed week and a half I thought I died and gone to hell. Symptoms: red itchy watery eyes, itchy stuffy running nose, itchy scratchy throat, itchy scratchy face and neck, coughing sneezing. Most times, all at once. Coughing sneezing spells go on for up to an hour at a time. Yesterday I had it so bad that my diaphragm pushed so hard for 45 straight minutes of sneezing/coughing that I threw up. I'm so sleep deprived it's unreal.

Ironic thing is, every spring I'm extatic about the trees and flowers coming back to life. Another ironic thing is, the snow and ice I hate so much is actually my salvation. Odd thing at the doctor's office: the nurse said my heart rate was 104. I said no way 'cause at rest it's high 50's. She said well it's 104 now. When she left the room I took a reading myself and it was 78. Uhhh 26 beats off is not acceptable for a professional!

Oh, ever had alcohol poisoning or the stomache flu? Well, I'd much rather have both of them at the same time rather my insanely ridiculous allergies.

-Heu

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah...either the bubble or don't move to South Carolina or Massachusetts (both rated as having the highest counts of allergies (as reported on CNN 4/24/06)

·
Registered
734 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Odd thing at the doctor's office: the nurse said my heart rate was 104. I said no way 'cause at rest it's high 50's. She said well it's 104 now. When she left the room I took a reading myself and it was 78. Uhhh 26 beats off is not acceptable for a professional!
It might have gone up a little due to nerves or something. When I was a kid my blood pressure and HR used to read high because it would jump a little when they strapped me in the cuff and all that at the doctor. I wouldn't really BE nervous, but I could notice my heart rate jump up involuntarily. Who knows...I mean, it's her job, I would assume she can count beats and do the math if needed.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ryan_long_01 said:
It might have gone up a little due to nerves or something. When I was a kid my blood pressure and HR used to read high because it would jump a little when they strapped me in the cuff and all that at the doctor.
Possible but not likely. If the nurse was a hottie my HR could've spiked a bit. This nurse that took my vitals, she was, well I don't wanna say.

Who knows...I mean, it's her job, I would assume she can count beats and do the math if needed.
You'd be surprised how many professionals can't take 19 and quadruple it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.