Honda CRX Forum banner

Dash mat

10K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  tommy 
#1 ·
Tired of things flying off of your 88-91 Civic/Crx dash?
How useful would this be. Never seen this before, yet even know about it. Gotta be rare but wish this was offered as an optional piece in the US!

See less See more
#14 ·
baker423 said:
SETI20 said:
I've also seen cloth dash covers.
:)b
Perfect, i would use that if they were for LHD cars!
Save the dash from the sun and would help keep things from sliding around on the dash!
Check out www.carcoverguys.com. They deal with dashmats, they have a signature series. They are a kind of suede material. Looks pretty good.

Please don't laugh, but what does LHD mean? I'm guessing left hand drive?

#15 ·
Blackbird_Pilot said:
Check out www.carcoverguys.com. They deal with dashmats, they have a signature series. They are a kind of suede material. Looks pretty good.

LHD means Left Hand Drive.

That link you posted is for Dash covers, which cover the entire dash. YUCK!
I just think those are hideous and tacky.

The dash mat is subtle, does not look nearly as nasty as those covers and would keep random things that i would throw on my dash from sliding around.

#16 ·
baker423 said:
Blackbird_Pilot said:

LHD means Left Hand Drive.

That link you posted is for Dash covers, which cover the entire dash. YUCK!
I just think those are hideous and tacky.

The dash mat is subtle, does not look nearly as nasty as those covers and would keep random things that i would throw on my dash from sliding around.
Gotcha.

#17 ·
baker423 said:
I'm sure they wouldn't be all too difficult to make with some material, and some sewing ability. I have no sewing ability,...but my grandma can make anything. We'll have to put her to work and start slingin dashboard mats!

"My fingers hurt." - Grandma

"Well now your back's gonna hurt..." - Me

#19 ·
That item in the pic on the first post is actually an EDM one that I bought last year from a guy in England. The difference between the JDM and EDM ones is that the JDM ones have a metal piece and one end that acts as a cupholder, and the position of the "H". It works like a hot-damn keeping my cellphone, sunglasses - whatever, from flying across the dash and out the passenger window. I love it. I also bought the JDM one, but I don't care much for the cupholder, so I use the EDM one most often.

EDM

JDM

#20 ·
If anyone is still iterested in this. I took some of that black rubber shelf liner stuff and cut little mats for all my compartments and the dash. Things no longer slide across the dash at 60 mph hit the center bump and fly. Plus it cuts down on stuff rattling around in the compartments in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.