Honda CRX Forum banner

DC to N12 or bust! (Convoy Thread)

13K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  zulued 
#1 ·
Just wondering who from the DC area has plans to go to N12 this year. I am leaving on that Friday morning (fairly early) to go there so I can actually set up my campsite before dark. It's a nine hour drive from DC.

#2 ·
My girlfriend and I will be going up. We'll meet up with you in the morning if you want. I think you have to come my way to go up there anyways. One of the guys that lives in black_krix lives in sw va and he made it up in about 8 hours. I'm at least an hour and a half above him so I'm banking off around 7 hours for me.....

#3 ·
That sounds good. I am still waiting to hear from lumpy53, if he's coming or not...he hasn't made any definite plans yet. Yeah...my time estimate comes from my experience in 2004. I left at like 4pm that Friday and got stuck in rush hour traffic all the way almost to Maryland. This time around...my hopes are to leave early that Friday morning and get to the place sometime in the afternoon with enough time to set up my tent with daylight (mistake made last time around). E-mail me at jaowli@yahoo.com and we'll discuss this more that way.

Anyone else coming through the area, or leaving from the mid-Atlantic area heading to N12?

#4 ·
I'm about 50/50 for this year. I have made it that last 2 years, but don't know if I trust my car to make it. Not to mentioned i'll be starting at my job full-time in early June, so I don't know if I could get Friday off.

In any case, I would probably be leaving early Friday morning, I live right off I-83, about 25 mins north of baltimore. I don't know if you all plan to go up 95 to 695 to 83, or up 270 to 81, but if I do go, I am sure I could meet up. I can't say either way right, but i'll know my situation much better the closer it gets. later,

- short-A

#8 ·
JD, no need to do the hotel. We stay at an enormous campground and just camp out for a few nights. My GF and I are going to buy a 75-100 dollar tent and some stuff for it for the couple nights. Either way I'm getting a tent and stuff for less than what I'd pay for hotel fees. 90% of everyone camps. You thinking of going up? I know of a few guys around here that may be going up with me...

#12 ·
yeah, and the best reward is ending up at a huge crx meet in a different country =)

i'm leaving the friday morning before the meet. it's about an 8-9 hour drive depending how many times we stop along the way.

like i said last night, big josh is 99% sure hes going and I know a few guys around here that may be heading up. a couple guys in VA are coming up this way so they will meet up with us along i-81.

#13 ·
dont count your time based on my experiance. On a road trip I only stop to get gas and hit the restrooms. I take food with me and eat on the way. I usualy do 10mph over unless im being passed by everyone then I pick up the pace and flow with traffic. I leave early too and didnt get stuck in traffic anywhere.

Things arent looking good for me this year. Time is ticking away, my car runs but not right. 4k rpm idle, no thanks :lol: It needs an alignment, wiring and interior finished up etc...and at the moment I dont want to work on any of it.

#16 ·
july 8-9 sat and sunday. im leaving on the 7th and staying over until monday morning and driving home sometime around noon on monday. if i leave sooner then i will be leaving sunday around noon

i wanna check out the falls and stuff in the area with my gf at the same time and i think big josh is bringing his girl too. kinda like a mini vacation i guess. nice and cheap so it works out for me =)

#18 ·
How close will you guys be coming to the albany area in NY. I figure i really do have to make it this year seeing as how it will prob. be the last chance I have to go for a long while and going up in a convoy would be much more fun.

#20 ·
Dont know if i can make this one. I have a car show on the 7th and dont know about the rest of the weekend. I will try my hardest to get there.

#21 ·
I won't be anywhere close to the Albany area. I am going through the PA turnpike through Pittsburgh...up to Erie...then up I-90 to Buffalo.

I-66W to I-81N
I-81N to I-70W
I-70W/N to I-76W
I-76W to I-79N
I-79N to I-90E
I-90E to wherever through Buffalo then into Canada.

#22 ·
jaowli said:
I won't be anywhere close to the Albany area. I am going through the PA turnpike through Pittsburgh...up to Erie...then up I-90 to Buffalo.

I-66W to I-81N
I-81N to I-70W
I-70W/N to I-76W
I-76W to I-79N
I-79N to I-90E
I-90E to wherever through Buffalo then into Canada.
another route you could posibly take could be on 70n around hagerstown get on 68 and meet up with 79 in morgantown wv and you will cut out the pa turnpike and toll . now 68 is a nice scenic 4 lane mountain filled highway. lots of hills but they speed limit is 70 mph. were the pa turnpike will probably be 45-65 depending on construction the turnpike always has construction on it...

i could also give you a way around 68 to 79 without going through morgantown. using route 40 then 70 to 79 in though pa. but i couldnt garontee it would be the fastest way..

scarponze

#23 ·
Actually....that route sounds good to avoid the turnpike. I forgot what we went through in 2004 when we were on the turnpike. I figured they'd be done with that and I hate those toll roads. It seems no matter how much tolls you pay...the work is never done.

#25 ·
For me its easy, just jump on 91N to 90W and take a 6 hour drive that way intill i get to canada. Unless there is an easier way?

#26 ·
jaowli said:
What about:

I-68 to US 40W
US 40W to I-79N (meeting up south of Pittsburgh)
theres a couple different ways you could go acutally. i just didnt know if you wanted to stay on 4 lane interstate the whole time or not.

route 40 runs within 5 miles of my house. so i can give you a couple different ways to go.

route 40 jumps back and forth from 2 lanes to 4 lanes the whole way down. now you can cut out along portion on the end side of 40 which is all two lane by going 40 to *43 ( is a .75 toll) to 70 to 79

and there is actually a back road that cuts from 70 to 79 and saves about 15 minutes....

if you guys are coming through when we are ready to leave i can deffinitly lead you through all of that..

or you can just take 40 to 79 either way. lol

i do believe i have at least 3 cars traveling with me so far...

scarponze

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.