Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To repost the rules and regulations and put them up to hear the opinions from the masses.

Quoted from CRXFISHER:

"The rules here are simple:

- Respect the other community members.
- No swearing or vulgar behavior. (Base-line: if you hear it on prime-time television, then it's probably fine.)
- No "bumping" topics to the top. Posts must contain content.
- Keep things clean. Don't go crazy with the CAPS lock or tAlk LikE yoR n 1St grad.
- Don't post advertisements for your site. This gets out of hand very fast. Feel free to put your website in your sig, but keep it simple. No images.
- Keep in mind that I fully expect my daughter to become a CRX enthusiast, and that when she learns to read, she'll be reading this forum. Act accordingly. "

Simple but it seems hard for some to understand.

Anyone agree, disagree, or feel they should post like a 3 year old kid? Im all ears.

edit: I also thought it would be necessary to include the caption on "The Lounge' for people who were confused.

"Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules."

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Wow. I sure stirred up hornet's nest. The Community has my apologies for that.

As far as the funny site with people flashing on the log ride, I would not mind my daughters seeing that. It would be a fine example of what NOT to do.

As far as I am concerned, I broke none of the rules. You, however, bumped against the respect rule by repeatedly calling Devin 14 years old (doesn't matter what he called you --- two wrongs don't make a right, right?) and me old as well as making insinuations regarding my character.

Enough of the drama. You said this was another forum you would ignore. So either leave or learn to be tolerant of those that don't share your myopic view of morality.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a moderator you'd expect more from him than a normal member. Him asking if I was gay wasn't quite polite. Nor you having a comment of Not Wasuri Safe. The only reason I may have over-reacted is because of comments made by the community. Don't give me that "2 wrongs to make a right" thing because thats an easy way out for you.

And to think i expected more from a 40 year old? I must apoligize for thinking that. Im truly sorry I did.

I do not see anywhere in the rules where it had talked about Charles's daughter seeing this. Its in the rules that we should act accordingly to people who are (in crxfishers case) young and impressionable (his daughter) and the rules arn't meant to be broken or bent. They were simple and some of us did not follow, including a mod of the forum.

I came in this forum with a certain respect for everyone and the only way it got diminished what-so-ever was from comments received by those persons. I didn't expect this behavior from this forum but it seemed to happen anyways. My initial post in the thread that went to crap was to ask what will be done, but no one read it seriously and everyone took it the wrong way and ended up in the thread being locked.

I posted this for a reason. That reason being for information to new people or existing people to read. Not for people like you to come and argue your POV on the situation.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ok seriously guys this is going nowhere..
This is the first time I've actually had to lock a thread,but it looks as if we should agree to disagree.(mr makie says"mmmkay?")
Locked.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Guys guys guys!!! Relax! Let's take a step back and take a few deep breathes and shrug it off.

There is an issue that needs to be addressed that isn't well defined yet on the community. The issue is about how we should handle posts of "mature audience" material, and how we define mature audience material.

Although we may all personally have different opinions on what is acceptable material, I think we all need to understand that this is a community environment. We need to find an acceptable practice or lowest common denominator that we can all feel comfortable with.

I am going to lock this thread. When you feel ready, lets resume discussion about *NWS* issues in the Feedback Forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.