Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of del sol seats for free, i dont have them yet but i was wondering if the seat pans will swap or if i should prepare myself for some fabrication to get these sexy bitches in there. Thanks for the input!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there has got to be a write up somewhere of someone who has done this.... I just want to know if welding will be required to do it the right way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Seat pans are NOT the same,but you can swap the seat pan bottoms.
Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i was searching honda tech for a while... alot of threads had the same information. There is no combination of rails that is a perfect fit, the pans dont match up to swap them, and 3 of the 4 holes will line up but the 4th needs to be worked on or welded to work safely.

I was amazed out of all those people asking, im sure one actually went through with the job. So why the cracker jack didnt anybody have a post installation write up on what they wound up doing?

I guess ill have to do it after ive completed my installation :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
hcrx333 said:
im sure one actually went through with the job. So why the cracker jack didnt anybody have a post installation write up on what they wound up doing?

I guess ill have to do it after ive completed my installation :)
Because people are lazy, and when they have to research to find how to complete a project, they want others to go through the hassle they did.

But that's not you, right? :wink: Make that write-up once you're done! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
hcrx333 said:
im sure one actually went through with the job. So why the cracker jack didnt anybody have a post installation write up on what they wound up doing?

I guess ill have to do it after ive completed my installation :)
Because people are lazy, and when they have to research to find how to complete a project, they want others to go through the hassle they did.

But that's not you, right? :wink: Make that write-up once you're done! :)
Lazy bastard would be more accurate, I've got GSRs but I ghettoed them in and I need to rework some mount points before I want to post them online. Otherwise I know for a fact I'm going to get flamed, because if I hit a wall doing 80 mph the seat will shear a bolt or two. Fact of the matter is, the car and me would be toast even if they didn't, but I want the seats not to do it before I show others what I've done.

Its still a pan swap, so there's not much mystery. I'm happy to help with any suggestions too if you have questions. Mine don't fit perfect, but they're passable, and comfy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will provide a writeup after all is said and done with. This fact alone will push me to do the cleanest and safest performing installation that i can possibly do. No 3 out of 4 bolts garbage, if your going to install something the payoff is always better when you take the time to do it right. Lots to look foreward to and i will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Thanks for the suggestions! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
hcrx333 said:
I will provide a writeup after all is said and done with. This fact alone will push me to do the cleanest and safest performing installation that i can possibly do. No 3 out of 4 bolts garbage, if your going to install something the payoff is always better when you take the time to do it right. Lots to look foreward to and i will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Thanks for the suggestions! 8)
coz posted a link to some info on re-fitting prelude seats, IIRC that involved some angle iron to get a mount for 1-2 bolts, might help provide inspiration:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/327027/9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I have been trying to research this same topic for my 1g. I don't have the seats yet, but have my 1g rails. I haven't found anyone who has done it and explained it.........yet. Good luck and keep us posted, please.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top