Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother totalled his Montero a little over a month ago due to a drunk driver. It was pretty scary for a while but luckily things are a lot better for him now. So I loaned him my CRX until he is able to purchase a new vehicle since it was in storage anyway waiting for a body shop. Well today he came to visit me only to tell me last night some idiot decided to dent in my rear drivers side panel.

From the looks of it, it looks like the person used their forearm. It is dented in pretty bad right above the fender well and a little to the rear, under the hatch. I don't know how easy it is going to fix...and this is the panel that is completely rust free. I'll try to post some pics of the dent later.

Here it is before...

Here are some pics of my Brother's Montero...

*Edit* Just noticed my brother is in two of the pictures. You can barely see his face in the second picture. Also he was in the passenger seat while my Mom was driving...she got out with barely a scratch.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Man, that really sucks. Why do people have to do that crap? At least they could have screwed up the rusted side right? Geez.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My brother was in the hospital for three days due to the lacerations to the face. He had to see an opthamologist due to his tear ducts being cut. Then he was with plastic surgeons for a few hours to stitch his face back together. He has healed up pretty nicely but has to go back to get some of the scaring taken care of. I was with him in the ER for about 12 hours during the process...he was incredible through the entire event.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here are some pics of the panel. Let me know if this is an easy fix.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Dunno, I see the pics..
:shrug:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ouch... that's not going to be fun to fix. It might be best to take it to a shop that has dent pulling equipment...see what they say.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You might be able to get inside the panel and pop it mostly back out, maybe. It'll probly still be somewhat noticable even if it does pop right back out.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
WOW :shock: Im sure it looks alot worse than it actually is, but whoever did that should be severely beaten, with a 2x4.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
black_krix_si said:
a body shop more than likely will not fix that dent. they will want to replace the whole quarter panel.
That doesn't sound good. Luckily it is going to a body shop for the winter but it sucks that now I have to pay to fix this. It looks like it is in a difficult spot to replace the panel...but then again I know practically nothing about body work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
isnt that panel half of the side of the car? i wanted to replace mine cuz of rust, but i took a good look at the body peice and its pretty freakin big to get a whole new one :S

with a dent like that, the paint is probably damaged. even if you do pop it back into place, the cracks in the paint will let water get to the metal and it will rust, right? im not too knowledgeable in body work either, but ive heard of this happening

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would try to get on the other side of the panel if you can, if not try to pull that sucker out with a dent puller and then patch it up as best as you can. Thats just my solution but I'm a noob :oops: so don't take my advice too seriously.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I can't really find any replacement panels for the whole panel, so I would suggest to you to find a really good body shop and have an estimate done. Find out if they are going to pull the dents out, or if they can cut it out and weld in another one...

Dan

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
its going to have to come from honda.
LINK
#6 in that pic $380.83. The trick is to find a body shop that will install parts you bring. If a body shop buys that panel it could be $600-800.
My 00 civic was hit in the quarter earlier this year and a used panel ran almost $400.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts