Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered a rear disc swap for my rex. Everything good on Ebay, paid for it, it was shipped, I tracked it. Last reported sighting, OHIO. Now DHL says they don't know where it is. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LOOSE A 75LB PACKAGE??????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I was waiting for those parts to start working on the rex. Now its probably going to take me 3 months to get my money back through paypal/ebay/DHL. Bastards. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry, had to vent.
BP

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
I used to work in the shipping business and I can tell you how they lose a 75 lbs package: very easily.

Considering how much these companies ship, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often.

Good luck. They'll find it. Next summer, probably....
Thats what I'm thinking. Next summer I'll have a package on the doorstep with a note (Sorry for the delay). Oh well, my search continues again for the parts. Any leads let me know.

BP

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've also foind DHL to be particularly bad. Every time I have used them they have messed up in some way. The first time the driver didn't pick up my packages where he was supposed to, but somehow it showed that he did, and so I was forced to double pay to get them delivered by the necessary date because the stuff was critical for my research.
The next time I was having a camera lens shipped to my house and they delivered it down the street. They didn't even figure it out, i had to figure it out myself and get the package from an a-hole neighbor.
I've had good luck with usps, ups, and fedex thus far. I'd stay away from dhl.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I also had good luck with DHL delivering parts where I used to work.
All the companies screw up once and a while, I've heard horror stories about each one.

Hope you get your parts soon, and not next season... :?

·
Registered
473 Posts
DHL doesn't screw up part of the time, they screw up most of the time. Its great that you guys have had good experience but you know why DHL fucks up so bad? Because it subcontracts a lot of work.

Unlike say FedEx or UPS where you know the quality is consistent, DHL has people with their fist up their [cornhole] and haven't even responded or been able to supply a supervisor when attempting to track down packages before. I ship out goods for a living, I work in a warehouse part time and an office part time, and let me tell you - DHL will be cheaper, and it will blow.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I've had bad experiences with DHL. I had to fight them for a full refund when I shipped a parcel to France (with 2 day shipping) and it took them 28 days to deliver it. They first sent it to the wrong country, and then they shipped it back to the US instead of Canada and it got seized by US Customs because it didn't have paperwork to be in the US. It was a comedy of errors.

I finally got a full refund on the shipping, but only after I had been refused by every single DHL representative all the way up until I spoke with their Vice President of Operations.

DHL = Gong Show.

·
Registered
111 Posts
JustAnotherRex said:
DHL doesn't screw up part of the time, they screw up most of the time. Its great that you guys have had good experience but you know why DHL [potty mouth] up so bad? Because it subcontracts a lot of work.

Unlike say FedEx or UPS where you know the quality is consistent, DHL has people with their fist up their [cornhole] and haven't even responded or been able to supply a supervisor when attempting to track down packages before. I ship out goods for a living, I work in a warehouse part time and an office part time, and let me tell you - DHL will be cheaper, and it will blow.
FedEX is all contractors.
UPS is all company employes. They both do a good job in my opinion. Little writeup on the differences between UPS and FedEX.: http://www.braunconsulting.com/bcg/news ... 20041.html

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
They are only partially right... I worked for FedEx for a year...

FedEx GROUND is independent contractors, other FedEx modes are the same as UPS, all company employees.

·
Registered
566 Posts
ive had great experiences with DHL as well. very cheap and very fast on the East coast. when i bought a head a few years back. it was dropped off in CT at 5pm, and i received it by 1pm, the next day, in baltimore. and that was with ground shipping.

·
Registered
473 Posts
rex2nr said:
They are only partially right... I worked for FedEx for a year...

FedEx GROUND is independent contractors, other FedEx modes are the same as UPS, all company employees.
We only use express at my work, that would explain the difference here :)

And I still stand by saying DHL blows.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Our company shipped a package with DHL to Japan. It ended up in a wharehouse in Australia... two months later.
They would not redirect it to the address in Japan. So they sent it back to the US..... We never got it back! GO DHL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.