Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference? The service manual says they're not interchangeable but the ones supplied in our rebuild kit are all the same color. It looks like genuine seals can still be ordered from Honda Parts online. This is for a D16A6.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know the Felpro kit I used last also just had one type and it worked fine for me. If I recall, the exhaust side has a higher heat so the seal was constructed differently 30 years ago, but with modern seals the need for two materials is no longer there. That's an educated guess, not based on first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, and no worries. I bit the bullet and ordered the black and white ones from Honda today. It cost $50 which may seem like cheap insurance but these things add up. I also ordered front and rear main seals from Honda for another $50. I will probably order NPR rings. And I still want to source a high quality head gasket and bearings. Those seem like the most critical parts. I suspect that the quality of the build work is just as important as the parts, though.

I guess if I wanted to save money, we should have bought a Geo Metro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts