Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wasn't there something different about the compensator arm or arm mounting point that gave the rear end the "passive rear steering" effect? If you wanted to change toe depending on suspension travel, the compensator arm would be the part to modify.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
bobski said:
Wasn't there something different about the compensator arm or arm mounting point that gave the rear end the "passive rear steering" effect? If you wanted to change toe depending on suspension travel, the compensator arm would be the part to modify.
It's either the compensator or the upper arm with a different mounting point, I was guessing with the upper arm. Thinking about the design though, compensator arm makes more sense.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll plan on grabbing the LCAs, compensator arms, and upper arms, when I get the trailing arms for the rear disk swap. Hopefully it is the compensator arms and not the mounting points of either compensator or upper arms; that way it would be a bolt on upgrade. I'll post what I find; in the mean time, if any one can verify if it is the compensator arms or the mounting points it might save me some quid.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
vanrij said:
Thanks for the info guys. I'll plan on grabbing the LCAs, compensator arms, and upper arms, when I get the trailing arms for the rear disk swap. Hopefully it is the compensator arms and not the mounting points of either compensator or upper arms; that way it would be a bolt on upgrade. I'll post what I find; in the mean time, if any one can verify if it is the compensator arms or the mounting points it might save me some quid.
It's definitely the mounting points that are different, but that won't stop you from changing over to 89-91 style shocks and rear discs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.