Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to just show everyone the difference between rear lower control arms from EF, EG and DC models. Nothing new or different than what we've been saying, but im hoping pics make it easier for people to understand and remember so we dont have to repeat the same info.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-EF, EG and DC arms have the SAME geometry between bushings.
-DA arms have the SHOCK bushing more inboard.
-DC and DA arms have stiffer looking bushings and stronger shape.
-EF and EG arms are very similar, pretty much identical.
-DA arms are NOT longer.
-88 control arms have the same geometry as 89+ cast arms. Shock bolt location is not comparable, its basically still in line and identical motion ratio.

-EK arms are completely different. (not pictured, maybe some other time)

Mismatch

88 arm comparison to 89+. (should be same as ITR)

Lastly, as a side note:

its a little more obvious when you see it up close, the bushing was clearly stretched in a circular direction because it was not zero'd out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Really appreciate this - now I know I can grab the arms off one of the DAs at the 'yard, rather than waiting to find an EF or EG that will take a rear sway. :bounce:

Compared to the EF/EG/DC geometry, moving the shock mount inboard should increase the motion ratio, which should increase suspension travel, correct? (both increases will be very small, but increases nonetheless)

more clearance at full droop between the top of the trailing arm and the shock is never a bad thing either...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know if its too late to ask this. But it would be great info. If anyone can help me it would be so nice.
So if I buy an aftermarket lower control arms for 89-91 crx will fit my 87-88 crx? (may be a stupid question but I need to confirm this) Thankss

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry my fault. It is a '88 model, it was on the road in December 87, but its the 2nd gen so it has to be the '88.

Yes I was asking this to put a 8041-1153 konis in the rear. I am so happy with that answer cause I want them so bad!
Thanks for the help!! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know I'm bumping an old thread but I can't help but ask. Has anyone ever tried to Put DA LCA's on a CRX. And have you had any problems doing so? The reason I ask is because I own both a CRX and DA I purchased the function and Form V2.5 Suspension kit and Am going to transfer it from my Integra to My CRX along with the suspension I purchased a set of F&F LCA's. However after seeing this thread I may have to order new LCA's but I want to see what would exactly happen if I use the DA's LCA's.

If you know or have tried this let me know. I'm tempted to give it a shot and see if it makes that much of a difference. (Being cheap and not wanting to buy another set of LCA's).

Please PM Me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Function and form lists their coilovers to fit 90-01 Integra, which is incorrect to begin with. Did you manage to get everything on the Integra without any interference between the rear hub assembly and the coilover body? We tried this a couple of years ago (EF/EG/DC aftermarket LCAs with EF coilovers) and it wasn't even possible to bolt it all together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.