Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wear my seatbelt while driving any vehicle and I don't need an annoying buzzing sound every time I unbuckle it with the ignition on in my CRX. What wire / fuse / etc would I alter so I can seat belt in silence ??

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
If you take rear-view mirror off, you can get to a small circuit board that sits up there in that housing. The buzzer is on there and so are the two overhead seatbelt warning lights. Simply unplug it to get rid of all of that unnecessary stuff.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grouch said:
Simply unplugging the seat accomplishes this...
what a fabulous comedian you are. j/a

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jfrolang said:
If you take rear-view mirror off, you can get to a small circuit board that sits up there in that housing. The buzzer is on there and so are the two overhead seatbelt warning lights. Simply unplug it to get rid of all of that unnecessary stuff.
thanks, I definately do that.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Wasnt someone saying something about unplugging those causing your seatbelts not to lock? I thought someone was looking into a soleniod in the door so the belt won't lock if the car is off? This is only in the door-belted cars, so that the belt wont lock when the door is opened. Or am I just crazy?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
grouch said:
x2 - Unplug each buckle's 2 pin connector under the seats.
Unplugging the circuit board by the mirror works too, but then you don't have any warning if the passive restraint hardware is malfunctioning. Since the system can disable the belt retractor locks (making the seatbelts useless in an accident), it would be a good idea to leave the board plugged in.
rex2nr said:
Wasnt someone saying something about unplugging those causing your seatbelts not to lock?
Unplugging the buckle switches makes the seatbelt control unit think the belts are buckled all the time, as they're supposed to be. The idea behind the door mounted belts was that you would leave them buckled all the time (thus the red emergency release placard by the buckles) and simply slip out from between the belts and seat when you open the door. Try it some time... I always get caught up in the belts.
Yes, only "door belted" cars were equipped with the beeper, SCU, solenoids and switches. The sole purpose of the system is to disable the retractor locks when you open the door, complain when you unbuckle the belts and watch for abnormalities in the system.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
bobski said:
grouch said:
x2 - Unplug each buckle's 2 pin connector under the seats.
Unplugging the circuit board by the mirror works too, but then you don't have any warning if the passive restraint hardware is malfunctioning. Since the system can disable the belt retractor locks (making the seatbelts useless in an accident), it would be a good idea to leave the board plugged in.
I knew there was something about this... I'm not crazy! lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
All you need to do is unplug a connector near the blower moter on the passengers side. It is connected to the side of the car by the front of the door. It will disable the buzzer, but it will also disable the top seatbelt light. On a good note, your seatbelts will work right.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Tiersin said:
[...] It will disable the buzzer, but it will also disable the top seatbelt light. On a good note, your seatbelts will work right.
Actually, that will put you in the same situation as unplugging the beeper/light board. The solenoids will still cycle with the SCU unplugged - The solenoids get constant power to one side and switched ground via the door latch switch to the other. The SCU has nothing to do with switching... Only watching for problems. If one of the retractor lock solenoids got stuck in the disabled position, you would never know it. If you want to disable the whole system, unplug both the SCU and the solenoids on each belt retractor... The SCU won't whine at you and the retractor locks will be active all the time like a regular seatbelt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts