Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a huge or groundbreaking project, but i still think it is different, since i have not seen anyone do this.

Wanted a new, different, but not ricey look for the tail lights.

I had 88-89 tails on my 91 Si, then i picked up some ,new, all clear tails.
The tails are like the 90/91 style, with the trim like border around the light.
I masked off the appropriate area and lightly painted away. I also cleared the lights, to give them a glossy look.
Bought the right color bulbs and there you have it, 90/91 style Red/Clear tails.
Suprisingly, these fit great, just like OEM and do not leak!
The paint and clear coat i used was made by Testors. The paint is Candy Apple Red transparent paint.

I don't sport these anymore. I went back to the 88/89 OEM tails, i just like the overall look of them better,

·
Registered
658 Posts
how did you like the red? did it resemble OEM? (looks kinda pink in the pic but maybe its just my screen)

·
Registered
632 Posts
they also make what is called night shades light tint in red and black and well its made to do just what u did... just a tip for any others that may want to try that. they just need to make yellow n u could make your own jdm tails!

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SanDiegoCRX said:
how did you like the red? did it resemble OEM? (looks kinda pink in the pic but maybe its just my screen)
After I did them, I didn't really like them, so I sold them.
They looked good at night and had the OEM lens pattern which is why I liked them. But in the daylight, I didn't like the look of them.
Maybe if they had a dark border around them or a better center garnish, they would have looked better, ahh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.