Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new rex on thursday. It's an '88 hf. I went to put a car cover on her and I couldn't get the antenna to retract at all. It would move about an eighth of an inch at one joint, and not at all at the other. Is the antenna supposed to be able to retract and if so, does anyone have tips on how to get it unstuck without breaking it? Thanks. I'll have pics this week.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yes it should be able to retract. I would start be cleaning the outside of the antenna with steel wool or mild scotch-brite pad then apply a little oil or grease to the outside to help it slide. Look for any slight kinks that may be interfering and try to gently straighten them. Beyond that you just need to work it in and out a bit through the range it will move and try to move it a bit further each time. Between cleanign off surface crud and working a little lube into it you should be able to get it moving. Just be careful and don't force it too much.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.