Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
The HF has a lot of smaller/lighter parts than the Si/DX. The bumper supports, hubs, brakes, front sway bar, and seats are all lighter. It also doesn't have the sound deadening tar the other two have. It doesn't have a rear wiper or sunroof, and there are little things like a smaller/lighter crank pulley and intake manifold (that puny 3/4" intake!) that help too.

The real weight savings comes from the non-felt glove box, two-spoked steering wheel, lack of a clock, and the "HF" sticker instead of a plastic plaque on the rear glass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
LOL...nice topic title...I was expecting a pic of some big dude or something...

Hmm....no tarcrap underneath the carpet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
downest said:
The HF has a lot of smaller/lighter parts than the Si/DX. The bumper supports, hubs, brakes, front sway bar, and seats are all lighter. It also doesn't have the sound deadening tar the other two have. It doesn't have a rear wiper or sunroof, and there are little things like a smaller/lighter crank pulley and intake manifold (that puny 3/4" intake!) that help too.

The real weight savings comes from the non-felt glove box, two-spoked steering wheel, lack of a clock, and the "HF" sticker instead of a plastic plaque on the rear glass.
:lol: Wow, I guess its the little things that matter most. I could swear that my HF weighs more than the DX. The previous owner must of had bartender try outs in the cargo area because it smells like an all nighter at the local pub. I'm replacing all the carpet and interior. I think I'm goint to keep both. One for her, and one for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
.....No you made the Angry man LOL. :lol: :p

....But seriously is just an old name I used for online gaming and its stuck for some reason. Im not one of those I hate the world gothic people. That was 6yrs ago.. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
Angry said:
Hmm....no tarcrap underneath the carpet...
Yeah, if you look at the furry stuff on the firewall (inside only in the HF) it has a circle with "HF" stamped on it near the ECU, it also might be smaller/lighter.

That stuff adds up. The sunroof assembly and rear wiper are a bit, the seats are noticable when you pick them both up. the tar stuff weighs damn near 30 pounds, as a friend of mine weighed it, I'll weigh mine soon when I can snag some liquid nitrogen from the lab. When I did the A6 and Si suspension swap into stef's HF, I couldn't get the pass axle out of the hub. I pulled them together since we weren't using them. The HF hub, with the axle and all the brake stuff attached, still felt heavier than the Si knuckle/hub assembly. The Si one might not have even had a caliper mounted, as it has the DA calipers on it now, but I don't remember if it did at the time.

Seriously though, the HF is lighter, but once you start modding it a lot of that weight difference goes away. You pretty much have to swap the brakes in the front out, and most people who get hardcore into weight savings on Sis will plug or swap the roof, delete the rear wiper, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
downest said:
Angry said:
Hmm....no tarcrap underneath the carpet...
Yeah, if you look at the furry stuff on the firewall (inside only in the HF) it has a circle with "HF" stamped on it near the ECU, it also might be smaller/lighter.

That stuff adds up. The sunroof assembly and rear wiper are a bit, the seats are noticable when you pick them both up. the tar stuff weighs damn near 30 pounds, as a friend of mine weighed it, I'll weigh mine soon when I can snag some liquid nitrogen from the lab. When I did the A6 and Si suspension swap into stef's HF, I couldn't get the pass axle out of the hub. I pulled them together since we weren't using them. The HF hub, with the axle and all the brake stuff attached, still felt heavier than the Si knuckle/hub assembly. The Si one might not have even had a caliper mounted, as it has the DA calipers on it now, but I don't remember if it did at the time.

Seriously though, the HF is lighter, but once you start modding it a lot of that weight difference goes away. You pretty much have to swap the brakes in the front out, and most people who get hardcore into weight savings on Sis will plug or swap the roof, delete the rear wiper, etc.
I'm not that worried about weight savings. I just want a fun little car thats functional. I want to keep the rear wiper, I don't have the sunroof, (darn). I'm going to keep the interior. I do want to make it a go getter though with minimal body work, so I'm going to keep the DX and maybe part out the HF? Heck, I want to talk the wife into keeping it and fixing it up for her. A little his and her type of deal. I'll paint it to what ever color she wants. I'm sure there is a pink rex around somewhere right?....right? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,959 Posts
Hot pink would rox on a rex. for a chick or a sexually confused man. . . .either way. . . . .i would still drive it as it is a rex. . . .but not my fav color. . . . bot that would look pretty good hott pink flourescent. with some flat black wheels polished lipp. . . . dropped. . . and enough motor to justify the color hott pink. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toxiclows said:
Hot pink would rox on a rex. for a chick or a sexually confused man. . . .either way. . . . .i would still drive it as it is a rex. . . .but not my fav color. . . . bot that would look pretty good hott pink flourescent. with some flat black wheels polished lipp. . . . dropped. . . and enough motor to justify the color hott pink. . .
Thats what I'm talking about. You need to talk with my wife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
yea, but half the valves = half the rockers, cam lobes... it evens out, lol

I want to say the valve relief extends across the whole piston too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
What about this for a pink car.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top