Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on the key and all the dash lights come on I do not see a low fuel light.

Is there one? If so where?

1990 HF

TIA

Bob

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
ZeniceguyCRX said:
If you hammer it in first and the car bogs out you need gas, that should turn on a light in your head
:lol: :lol:
yeah no low fuel light, plus if you live anywhere where it is cold it would be a good idea to add fuel more often in winter. If you get stuck somewhere in bad weather it's nice to not have the car shut off (i.e. no heat) because you ran out of fuel !!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
The low fuel indicator operates independantly of the fuel gauge (except maybe for the fuel tank ground), so if your fuel gauge or sender dies on you, you would still have a warning light to fall back on.
On that note, I'll be swapping in a '95 Integra cluster one of these days... Has anyone found a USDM sender unit that fits the CRX tank, reads close to right and incorporates the low fuel light component?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
SETI20 said:
That is actually a CND cluster.

"E"- stands for "eh?". Wich is the canadian phrase equal to the american "WTF".
:lol: :lol: priceless.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ZeniceguyCRX said:
If you hammer it in first and the car bogs out you need gas, that should turn on a light in your head
Or (as happened to me once) if you whip a tight u-turn and then it bogs 'till the gas sloshes back, that's a good indication you should pull into the gas station that's right there where you turned around. This was after a trip from minneapolis to chicago and I think the trip odo reading was 425 so probably less than a gallon left.

I did put in a headlight buzzer 'cause I got tired of push-starting in parking lots after forgetting to turn off the headlights ...

·
Registered
112 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I like to think that CRX's were built for smart, observant people who don't need things like low fuel light and headlight buzzers.

In the picture below, you'll note that there is a little gauge to the left of the speedometer, that has a fuel pump on it.

http://www.thinkddc.com/gallery/albums/ ... C00145.jpg

When the needle on that gauge points to "E," you need fuel!
:p
Good point, but I also have a problem with the lack of a low fuel light. Maiunly becuase the fuel level needle sags alot and will stay on empty (sometimes even a few mm past it) for a few days before I actually run out of fuel.

Is there any way to "tighten up" the needle's accuracy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.