Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Mission Statement is the cliche of choice for the business management consultants charging huge jack to tell people how to do the business they are already doing. But it recently occurred to me that having a focused "Goal" is not such a terrilble thing in life.

When I first thought of this topic, I was going to ask if you have a Mission Statement for your CRX- What exactly do you want your CRX to be?

In my case the Mission Statement for my '87 CRX Si is to be as fast as it can be while retaining the ability to be street registered and driven. I have sacreificed some comfort to this end, but for a car that only sees the streets on nice weekends and the occasional Autocross or Track Day it is comfortable enough. Way down on my list of priorities would be apperance, but I would be lying if I told you I did not care how my car looks. On a scale of 1-10, speed is a number 10 and looks rates about a 3.

As for my Mission Statement in Life- Happiness is the goal, the manner in which I achieve it has shifted over the years. Materiel possesions are nice, but they are not the source of lasting happiness. A warm and loving relationship with my family is something I already enjoy. Finding happiness in my accomplishments rather than judging myself in relationship to others is the best I can achieve.

Happiness in not having what you want, Happiness is wanting what you have.

Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good topic Scott!

I think it is very important to have a "mission statement" with all aspects of your life..

Now, If I could just figure out mine, I would be doing so much better!

I read a book called "The Laws of Success" by Napoleon Hill. It has alot of great information in there, and Im sure that if a person could follow the advice given in that book, that they would no doubt attain the success they are seeking. ( I recommend it to all of you! )

The problem I keep having is finding what my Definite Cheif Aim is.. or my Mission Statement. What is it that I want? What do I want to do with my life? What the hell is my purpose!!!

I think my main problem, is that one day, I want to do this.. the next day Ive got aspirations of something different all together... Im sure that if I could just settle on one thing, that I would be really good at it, but I get bored pretty easily if im just left to my own devices. So here I am, drifting along with no real sense of purpose.. I work hard, and I keep food on the table, a roof over my familys head, and clothes on their backs.. but im not really truly happy with just that. I know I could do so much better for myself and my family, if I could just figure out what the heck it is that I should be doing to acheive it.

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
For my car, I also save the looks for last. This might have to change soon if I plan to stop terminal cancer from claming the car. I would rate handling and suspension as my top priorities, as well as keeping all the OEM stuff functional. Getting the car to go faster is not necessary, it's fast enough to get me in trouble, and I think drag racing is stupid. Ultimately, I would like it to be a clean daily driver and potent weekend autocrosser, all the mods I do keep the CSP rules in mind. Right now I like it, the suspension and tires are finally what I want, and it looks clean with the plain HX wheels and a little drop. While I was at the shop yesterday, a friend of mine told me he likes my CRX a lot because it's not ricey and looks like "I just want to get down to business."

·
Registered
734 Posts
It's all just a big give-and-take between a few major factors: performance, appearance, reliability, comfort, gas mileage (never really a problem), etc. Obviously performance is a big deal, but I personally wouldn't do something like pull the passenger seat and carpet in the name of performance because it wouldn't make a big enough difference to warrant the loss of comfort and appearance. Appearance is pretty important to me in a daily-driven street car, but I wouldn't want to put heavy-ass 20" wheels on, even if I liked the way they looked, because of the performance loss. Unless you are building a full-on race car, you are always weighing the pros and cons of how performance modifications affect the driveability, comfort, appearance, and gas mileage of the car. So, it's hard to give any kind of master mission statement because each decision is weighed individually against various factors.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This place has gotten too deep. A bunch of friggin philosophers we are.

I have recently changed the financial component of my personal mission statement. I will no longer pursue income. Which is good cause I am out of work. :lol: I will build wealth instead by creating value for others.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i want to make a cheap all honda race car for sunday fun out of my Si. so far it's working, but i need to figure out where the hell the water is coming from that is sitting in the passenger side floor.

as for me personally...i sorta want to start a record company or a brewery.

·
Registered
319 Posts
How about, Let's see where this road leads.

I'm not lost. I'm just exploring.

·
Registered
272 Posts
OBD1 Kenobi said:
How about, Let's see where this road leads.

I'm not lost. I'm just exploring.
I like that; that's very cool. :)

My mission statement would have to do with being a problem-solver, "making things better", and taking the time to appreciate the beauty around me, be it natural or man-made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts