Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For someone who is in the business of working with humans daily, I prefer to believe that Mark hates SOME people but not all people.

Imagine a world in which a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) hated EVERYONE he came across. Neither victim nor victimizer would get a break from Deputy Williamson. Could he serve the public with that attitude? I think not.

Does Deputy Williamson hate injustice? I bet he does, but it would be unfair for me to speak for him. Let's assume (for the sake of the arguement) that he does hate injustice. Again assuming, that when the Deputy sees injustice he wants to "make things right" or at least help to do so. And as a well trained and disciplined professional he works within the boundaries of the law to fight injustice.

Could the Deputy do more to fight injustice if only the legal tethers that bind his actions were loosened? Maybe. So why do we as a society impose restrictions upon the actions of LEOs and Prosecutors?

Perhaps because not all LEOs and Prosecutors have the self restraint of Deputy Williamson and could be tempted to abuse their position for personal, political or economic gain. And the General Public or selected segments of the General Public would suffer outrageous persecution.

We are a country of laws and for the most part those laws have a good reason to exist. Deputy Williamson knows this, but occasionally he may become frustrated with what may seem to be unneccesary restrictions on his ability to fight injustice.

So I am guessing the Mark does not hate all people. But it is scary when a LEO posts "Why I Hate People Vol. X" implying that he has a long standing and broad dislike of the very people he is sworn to protect.

Mark, keep up the good work. Know that you and all the good LEOs in the world are suppported implicitly by the Good Citizens who may not be conciously aware of your good work. And please do not fall vicitm to the belief that everyone is a BONEHEAD just because that is who you deal with most of the time.

Scott

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I'm not really seeing the point of this thread.

I also find it a little bit unfair, and maybe even insulting.

Even tho Mark is a LEO, he is entitled to his own personal views and beliefs.
I rode with mark while on duty, and while off duty. Those are NOT the same people.

There are people doing the job. But while on the job, they become officers and deputies.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point is

A: Support for the fine work that Mark and others do for all of us
B: A small reminder to not let the frustrations of the job get to him
C: Remind the rest of us why he may get frustrated

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mark is an evil man and should not be allowed to carry guns in our society. Correction, he should not be allowed to be in public without propper supervision.
I hear that he is being transferred to a K-9 unit so the dog can keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Not to derail anything here if in fact there is actually more to be said but...

Being in the line of work Mark is, I can imagine that after seeing so much evil you can't help by human nature but to hate human nature. Just hearing about it on the raido or seeing it on tv makes me hate "people" as well as is. I can't fathom being in Mark's shoes and still being able to hold my suspicions about people aside.

As a side note, I absolutely respect people who put themselves on the line for others. I am much too selfish to devote my life to anything like Mark or perhaps even what my baby brother is doing. Mark obviously displays competence for a 6 figure salary somewhere but chooses instead to serve mankind. My brother Gabe with computer skills and a college degree doesn't chase dollar signs but instead dedicates his life to spreading the word of God and participating in Christian run economic growth projects in impoverished 3rd world countries. It's people like these two that help to offset the self-serving masses like me.

Stay safe and keep up the good work Mark.

-Heu

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I hate people, my name is even Angry......other times its AngryFuture.
:wink:

I hate the general stupidity of people. Or lack of common sense in this world.

:edit: SMiley in wrong place..

·
Registered
952 Posts
Angry said:
That statement could not have been any truer. Its the "Lack of common sense" that make most people do the things that Mark sees. Not saying that one or two of the robbers arent needy and robbing somebody was a last option but, common sense would say, get a job. If most people had even a little Common Sense, the jails wouldnt be crowded and the world would be a little safer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive met Mark once at a Niagara meet.

I like him very much. Not too many police officers who will get drunk and go off on random tangents about things then laugh at Golf Cart Bob after we burned down all that wood.

Remember Tray Sliding story Mark? Maybe not you were smashed, but that was hillarious because you were so drunk nobody knew what you were saying.

CRX Forum

·
Registered
529 Posts
crxforum said:

I like him very much. Not too many police officers who will get drunk and go off on random tangents about things then laugh at Golf Cart Bob after we burned down all that wood.

Remember Tray Sliding story Mark? Maybe not you were smashed, but that was hillarious because you were so drunk nobody knew what you were saying.

CRX Forum
Dammit I must of met you too and never knew it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
crxforum said:

CRX Forum
I picked the wrong year to go to Niagara.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Angry said:
Ahh man, right there with ya.

I beleive that is one of my biggest pet peeves about ppl.
The lack of, inability to or just complete laziness of some ppl to figure things out, think and have at least SOME common sense.
I just have little patience for that.

Which for those reasons explains why my fiancee got me this as one of my gifts this year... :lol:

(Click it for full size)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I hate computers.

I love that they hire a clod like me to keep other people from hating them worse though.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
SETI20 said:
crxforum said:
...and car seats. Those things burned GOOD.
Ahh yes I just love the smell of burning HF seats in the morning. :lol:

Scott are you a writer by chance? You always look much deeper than most of us?
Mark drunk? no way.....

sorry mark...had to buddy. :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Drunk....hungover...you were still incapacitated at the time. :wink: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.