Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a bit of a nightmare. Here's the deal:

I bought some Energy Suspension bushings on Ebay. The Hyperflex Master Kit. Got the parts about 5 days later. Correct box, wrong parts. The box had the right part number, but when I opened it, it was completely different. It was the kit for 90-93 Accord. Totally wrong.

So I think to myself "Ok, so that's not their fault. They shipped the right box, how would they know the parts are wrong?" So I called the manufacturer, Energy Suspension. The customer service guy I talked to, Brian, was great. He walked me through the parts list to see if any of them were right. Nope. So he gets with his manager and says I'll get a call back and they'll take care of me. After 2 days, never got that call. So today I call ES back. Brian was cool, but said that I'll have to go back to who I bought from. Ok, I'll do that.

When I called Competition Warehouse today, I talked to "Lenny." He said to ship the parts back and he'll look at the parts and send me the right one. So I said "Ok, so you'll pay the shipping back to you right?". Nope. According to Lenny "It's not our fault." Fair enough. But Energy Suspension already told me they would take care of it. He wouldn't listen. Just kept saying "ship it back." I'm not paying $20 to ship the wrong parts back to you. I'm the customer, it's not MY fault! :x He said that ES would NOT reimburse them for shipping.

So I talked to Brian at ES again. He asked who it was giving me a hard time and told me to have Lenny call him directly. I'm waiting to hear back about this. But Brian confirmed that they always reimburse shipping to the store in these situations. When I told Lenny this, he said "Ok, I'll reimburse you when we get reimbursed from ES." HAHA, whatever! I'm not stupid. And with the way I'm being treated, there's no way I'm trustig that!

So it's still not resolved, and I'm a very unhappy customer. When I got fed up and told Lenny I wanted my money back, he said "then we'll charge a restocking fee."

Energy Suspension is dedicated to getting this taken care of for me. But Competition Warehouse sucks! Don't ever consider buying from them. You may get lucky and not have a problem, but God help you if you do have a problem. They will jerk you around, be extremely rude, and refuse to handle it the correct way. I'm so mad right now. I paid for these parts 2 weeks ago and still don't have the right stuff. I was hoping to start on this project this weekend, but that isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That's what really sucks about these "Low prices/No customer service" kind of places. When I find a good seller, I'll stick with em...even if it means paying a couple of extra bucks for the product. I'll definitely take note not to deal with Competition Warehouse. Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: It gets even better....

I called the Energy Suspension guy again to see if Lenny actually called him. Yep, he did. But he told him that I was asking for free parts. This guy is amazing! So he lied about the whole conversation to the ES rep! Unbelievable. So now ES thinks I'm just another problem customer. I tried to tell him that's not at all what I said, but who's he going to believe? The one-time customer, or Competition Warehouse who "buys from them all the time." Ridiculous. But after talking with Lenny again, he acts like it's no big deal to return the parts. He changed his tune and issued a call tag for UPS to come pick up the package. How hard was that? Really? He lost a customer, and probably several customers. I can't believe how difficult, rude, and unbelievable that guy was. Thankfully he posted positive feedback for me when I paid. But he's definitely getting a negative once this gets worked out. And maybe a link to this post when I do the feedback. Stay away from them at all costs.

On a different note, I bought my ES rear trailing arm bushings from a different ebay store, and they were awesome. Great communication, got the right part, in a timely fashion. His ebay name was "energysuspensionparts." I'd recommend them any time.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest update:

They finally issued a call-tag and UPS came and picked up the package on 3/11, and the tracking info shows they received it on 3/15. It is now 3/31 and I have not heard from them, and my correct parts are still not here. I called them up and gave all the info again. They said they would call me back in 30 minutes. He said he thought they had already taken care of it, but that he was going to track it down. I'm very upset about this mess.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
crxfisher, I was browsing Ebay last night and came across an Energy Suspension bushing kit for $129. I'm looking to put a kit on my car this summer so I clicked on it. The seller was Competition Warehouse, remembering your fiasco, I looked at their feedback. They have got to be getting close to being kicked off Ebay, lots of negative feedback. Hopefully you'll get your situation resolved and they'll get what's coming to them.....

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, they said they shipped my right bushings out yesterday. It's ridiculous. I bought them well over a month ago and still don't have them. Chalk up another negative for them when I do finally get them.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got the right parts yesterday. I had to call back and remind him that I still hadn't heard from him after sending the wrong parts back to him. He said "Oh, I think we took care of that." Said he'd call me back, but never did. When I called AGAIN he said "Ok, they're shipping tonight." Horrible customer service. Horrible company. Over a month to get the right stuff, and I've never worked with someone who was so rude and mean to a customer. Absolutely amazing that they stay in business like this. I don't care how cheap the stuff is, don't buy from them at any cost!

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow... this guy just stuck me too on a moroso oil pan. i've been waiting paitently for 2 weeks when I stumbled across this message. I called the guy and he said he wouldn't have any more in stock for 3 more weeks. what a [] joke. now I have to order from somewhere else and wait ANOTHER week to get my new motor back together. stay away from this guy. period.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the tip boss...I'll def make sure not to go through them when looking for anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problems with these guys too, it has been almost two weeks and no replys and no item and I need the clutch that I ordered for the SHO Probe project ASAP, I think I'm just going to file a complaint through ebay and paypal and not even bother waiting any longer, these people SUCK! :x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts