Honda CRX Forum banner

Don't laugh.

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Ragnaarok 
#1 ·
Train kills deaf US beauty queen

A deaf beauty queen has died after being struck by a train in the US state of Texas.

Miss Deaf Texas, Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, who was deaf from birth, was hit by the train in Austin on Monday.

The train continued to sound its horn right up to the accident, a witness told a local television station.
Bizarre.

#2 ·
Sheesh... Of all the places I have to get my news from.... I saw the story on the local (Austin) news tonite, and my wife and I were both trying to figure out how the hell you get "snuck up on" by a train. Seems they plumb forgot to mention the "deaf" part in their awesome newscast. They were even referring to her as "Miss Texas", *NOT* Miss Deaf Texas. I'm assuming there's some difference.

Miss Deaf Texas, Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, who was deaf from birth, was hit by the train in Austin on Monday.

The train continued to sound its horn right up to the accident.
That's some SERIOUS irony.

Mike

#3 ·
So are we to assume that no one was around to maybe ...I dunno...help her so that she didnt get hit in the first place? :roll:
Wow she was cute too. :(

#4 ·
maybe they need to install some strobe lights on the front of the train...

ok i'm sorry i couldn't resist. but seriously, a deaf person hanging around train tracks does not sound like a good idea. get it? sound...like...

okay okay...i'm finished. :twisted:

#7 ·
I4sillypwr said:
Charlie said:
So... she couldnt feel the vibrations? no one was around to get her off? she was just chillin on the tracks? this sounds fishy to me
she was a beauty queen.....which means she had the intelligence of a bag of dead mice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad I am not the only one with the sick sense of humor.

#8 ·
Being a beauty queen, I'm sure she had to face the "world peace" question once or twice. I'm just wondering how she answered... "I want to work for world peace... because everybody says it's really noisy out there... but I don't get it."

:shock: What? Too soon? No good?

Charles, you're definitely not the only one with a sick sense of humor.

Every time I hear one of these person-hit-by-train-while-wandering-along-the-tracks stories, I have to wonder: How the hell does a freaking train sneak up on you in the first place? It's about as big as a goddam building, it ain't exactly stealthy, you pretty much know exactly where it's going. HOW?! I generally chalk it up to evolution in action. If you've put yourself in a position to be hit by a train, you've made some seriously bad errors in judgment somewhere along the way. Call it evolution in action. If you're on the tracks, you're at least a little bit off-track. ;)

In that regard, I guess you could say she at least had a reason why she didn't know it was coming... Really, it's sad. But, y'know, it's kinda funny, too.

Mike

#12 ·
Dammn that's really sad for the girl... though i really find it SO hard to believe she didn't feel any vibrations (especially since people with a sense less tend to have their other senses heightened)... setup :shock: ???

As for the pics... LOL thats some GOOD stuff! i love the asian broad, even her face says what the T-Shirt does :lol:

#13 ·
You guys are terrible. I read that and it's just horrible. You're all very sick...

And then a few minutes goes by and I start thinking of more dumb beauty queen jokes to add:

1. They never said she got hit from behind.
2. "We always told her to stay off the tracks, but she just never listened."
3. ....

#20 ·
oh man... I gotta stay outta this one... I've done way too much ripping on the deaf kids... RIT shares its campus with NTID... the National Technical Institute for the Deaf

The deaf dorm is 13 floors, each room is strobbed for the fire alarm system... People from all over love to "light the Christmas tree." They also have hearing students stay there... deaf kids having sex is the worst noise you will ever hear. Most deaf kids have the worst attitude... they think the world owes them. Deaf kids in your classes are horrible. They don't realize they are waving their hands in front of your face throughout class, nor that they are... ummm, grunting(?) all through the lecture. I know have a deaf professor for a psych class, keeping a straight face in that class is DIFFICULT.

Anyway, if I make fun of them anymore, my children, and their children, and their children'c children will all be deaf.

#21 ·
rex2nr said:
deaf kids having sex is the worst noise you will ever hear.
:lol: :lol:

rex2nr said:
Anyway, if I make fun of them anymore, my children, and their children, and their children'c children will all be deaf.
We are all going to hell. :lol:

#22 ·
Bwuhahahaha! It just doesn't stop!

Miss Deaf Texas was 'texting' parents before accident

Assocated Press

AUSTIN - The reigning Miss Deaf Texas who was killed by a train was text messaging her parents and friends on her cellphone as she walked near the tracks and might have been distracted, police said.

Tara McAvoy, 18, was walking about a foot away from Union Pacific railroad tracks. She had typed a message to her parents, both of whom are hearing-impaired, letting them know she was walking along the tracks from home to her mother's workplace on Monday.
The text message conversation:

Where R U?
Walking on train trax
WTF? R U stoopid?
Im OK. Don't worry abou
<click>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.