Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side window has "sunk", it has fallen off of the device that
allows it to close. This is a manual window. How tedious is it to take apart the door? And, that handle.............. it seems very tricky to take off
especially since I have to make sure I can put it back on !!

Anyone have this problem? Or even better an easy solution.

So far I have it mounted so it stays closed with some plastic knives.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
lapis said:
So far I have it mounted so it stays closed with some plastic knives.
:lol:
There's a clip holding the window crank in place. The easiest way to get it out is to slip one edge of a rag between the door and crank and work it back and forth until the rag catches the ends of the clip and pops it out of the groove it's sitting in.
After that, take out the door handle/pocket (one screw down in the pocket) and the trim around the door lock/release (remove screw, then slide). Look around the panel and take out whatever screws you can find. Work your way down the front edge, along the bottom and up the rear edge popping out the plastic clips holding the door panel (just gently pull the panel away from the door). Push the panel up to free the lip along the window.
If you have door mounted belts, there's two parts holding the belts. A plastic bar at the bottom of the panel - remove one screw and it should swing out of the way. At the top of the panel, there's a plastic insert that the belt goes through... There's no way to get the belt out of the insert, so pop it loose (it's got a few tabs visible from the back of the door panel). If you look in the felt at the rear end of the window strip, you'll find one of those plastic screw pop fasteners. Remove it and you should be able to slip the belt out of the door panel... Just be careful not to pull the rest of the window strip off the door panel.
Unless somebody has already removed it, you'll find a plastic vapor barrier caulked to the door. Tear it out if you like, though it's probably better to damage it as little as possible.
Remove the clip from your window crank if you haven't already and slip the crank back on the window regulator shaft. Crank the window up and down until you see what's wrong with the mechanisim.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Ah, that reminds me. There's a couple of screws under the speaker cover... Forgot about those.
Take out the two speaker cover screws and pull the cover off screw end first. There's a couple tabs holding the cover to the door panel on the top and bottom edges, about an inch or two from the screw end of the cover. If they're being stubborn, just stick a flathead between the cover and door panel. Pry a little and it should come out. If you simply pull hard on the cover, it may tear the plastic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called a couple of "experts" and the dealer says I may have to replace the "regulator" and/or "run channel". The other Window guy says it's the "regulator" definitely.

I orginally thought upon disassembly there might be a way to actually fix,
reset whatever caused the window to get dislodged?

It stays up well when its mounted on whatever makes it go up and down,
and slips after awhile (my temporary solution). So I'm thinking this is
a clue that possibly these parts mentioned are not completely broken.

Any thoughts, experiences or solutions welcomed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had my drivers side window pop off of one of the two plastic mounts that connect it to the rail. There are two white tabs with grooved holes. I dont know if this is the problem with yours, but you take the panel off and roll the window down so that you can get to the mount through the opening in the door. You might wanna throw a cloth over the edge around the hole cause it can cut your hand up pretty fast. It can be a pain to get the mount on the rail to push into the plastic tab on the window. i used a small adjustable locking wrench to clamp them together. I tried hammering and pushing in with my hands but that didnt do anything. If it has to do with the track rail then thats a whole other thing. Havent had to do that, hopefully its not the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.