Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my slicks today. 2 sets, 6 of them are 20x13x7 and 2 are 20x13x7.5. I've been told I can fit them over 5.5 inch wheels (VX hopefully). My question is, how will I have to adapt my driving with them? I've never driven on slicks before, so really I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I have no experience with that whatsoever. But a guy that works right next to me races his Z06 pretty seriously. One thing that he said was that when you're racing on street tires, and you hear them squealing, you're almost to the limit with them. But when your racing on slicks and you hear them start to squeal, you're already past the limit, so you're going sliding.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rag: LOL no, I definitely won't be taking these on the street, except maybe the 2 blocks from the shop to the autocross lot.
Fisher: Thanks, I've heard that. At the speeds we get up to in the RPI autocrosses, my Azenis rarely squeal anyway, so I guess I'll be gripping everywhere...

·
Registered
1 Posts
They will react a lot faster than you're used to so expect to hit a lot of inside cones on the turns. They take an event or two to get used to so be patient with them.

Oh, and dont lock up the brakes!!! Slicks are very prone to flat spots!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.