Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was just wondering if i lower my rex, am i going to have camber problems? also is it hard to change the springs yourself or is it better to go to a shop? can anyone post some pics of some lowered rexes. Thanks

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
nope. youll get camber benefits!

hah joking aside. its not too tough to do, i think theres a writeup on it kicking around. Get some good springs and dampers, install them, get your toe fixed and call it done.

[email protected]

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
jrturbo said:
can anyone post some pics of some lowered rexes.
Matt answered the rest of your questions precisely, except this one. Honestly I think it's harder to find pics of a CRX at stock ride height, lowering is nearly a universal mod.

But regardless, I like posting pics so here you go. :p

I really don't know exactly how low my car is, it's on Skunk2 coilovers set to look good. It's somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches down.

·
Registered
953 Posts
jfrolang said:
Honestly I think it's harder to find pics of a CRX at stock ride height, lowering is nearly a universal mod.
Here you go

Two different cars both at stock ride hight. I havent had the money to drop one yet. Maybe this year.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
jrturbo said:
Hi, i was just wondering if i lower my rex, am i going to have camber problems? also is it hard to change the springs yourself or is it better to go to a shop? can anyone post some pics of some lowered rexes. Thanks
Lots of good info if your are starting out with suspension mods.

http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
andystart said:
Downest - how much is yours lowered, Tom?
I'm not sure exactly... I have ground controls, it's 4.5-5" from the floor to the frame rails with me in it. I can take some measurements tonight if you like. The control arms front and rear sit about level.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll go measure mine from the frame rails to the floor but if you get a moment, I'd appreciate the additional info. I was contemplating 1-1.5" drop but now I'm thinking I need to go a little further and do both shocks and springs.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.