Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a drum brake that is frozen. I need a couple of bolts to pull the drum off. Anyone know the size and thread for the bolt that goes in the holes?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is 7mm X 1.0. I need to get a slide hammer puller. How much weight should I be looking at? Any recommendations for a brand that is suitable for very occassional use?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the parts guy said 7mm X 1.0 but lots of posts on HT are saying 8mm x 1.25mm pitch.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
8 x 1.25 - I just checked. Don't bother with a slide hammer... Just get long bolts and thread them in until they bottom on the hub. Tighten the bolts a turn or two at a time (to apply pressure evenly) and they will pull the drum off.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it. It is impossible to find long 7mm bolts. I came across so many long 8mm bolts and was cursing Honda for not using them. :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Charles said:
Well the parts guy said 7mm X 1.0 but lots of posts on HT are saying 8mm x 1.25mm pitch.
The parts guy is a moron. most of the bolts in the CRX are 1.25 pitch. 8, 10, 12... i don't remember where they go up to 1.5 pitch, 12 or 14. 6mm might be 1.0 pitch. Our cars use no 7mm bolts, as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They didn't work. I finally found some 90 mm at ACE Hardware. Looks like they are going to fit. However, the ebrake is frozen on one side so I need to figure out how to release the cable. I think there is supposed to be an access port in the back or I can try messing with the cable on the outside.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Have you tried smacking the drum with a hammer?
That usually loosens anything stuck in there and will sometimes bounce the drum off some.
Just don't hit the wheel studs

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a little cautious after my heavy hands snapped part of the upper coolant housing off. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts