Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of installing dual exhaust...can i just buy a Y pipe and do it myself or is there a dual exhaust package for sale somewhere...(checked ebay but theres nothing)

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Most people that want a dual exhaust on their crxs have an exhaust shop make them up.
Theres no company that manufactures a pre-made dual that I'm aware of for the crx.
May I ask why duals?I am assuming that you are going for the bling right?
I ask that because if you are looking for a performance boost outta this its a waste of $$$.
Its all a look(bling) thing.
GL

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
bling factor = 10
performance factor = 0

Get a muffler for an 82 and up camaro or firebird.... thay are single inlet dual outlet and made to be mounted sideways just like the crx muffler.... they are a little longer.... then you can just take 2 90's and run them out the back.....

i had this setup for about 3 months.... while testin gout different exhausts

its nice... but looks a little dumb dince tehre is not an exhaust cutout on the pass side.... however if you are crafty I guess you could graft the cutout from another bumper onto your right dise and then it would look a little more like it was suposed to be there..

Chris

ps. the camaro "turbo" muffler" had a pretty mellow decent tone on a crx with a cat still on it.. .
my $.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info...i just thought it looks pretty cool and was just thinking how it can be done. but thanks for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts