Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for aftermarket exhaust, seems the only cat back systems I find have one huge 4" tip.

I like the look of the stock crx muffler, with the two smaller pipes coming out. If only they were just a bit bigger and bright SS.

Anyone know of an exhaust like this? I've seen it on some cars on this forum, I just can't remember where...help please!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, I got the DC Sports cat-back. Then I had the 4" tip cut off and had a custom dual tip welded on. I think it looks great. And I get a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm rockin the stock style Bosal, it's pretty cheap, and has been on there for a couple years, still looks great.

I've been wanting to get the stock chrome tips, cause now i'm just rockin the stock pipes.

-H

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just get polished stainless (not chrome) "pencil" tips. Just like stock but a but a bit larger. You can have the muffler shop paint your muffler and other rear exhaust parts flat black. Looks great.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
like mine?
that looks ideal. so what exhaust system is that ? or is it a custom ended job like Tom's??? more info please, that is definately the look I want.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I'll chime in since Matt's at N12 (bastard!). It's a custom 2.5" pipe with a resonator and a cat, and that's a magnaflow tip. I've ridden in/driven his car, and I can tell you it sounds awesome. It goes from slightly rumbly at idle/low throttle to race car/I'm gonna kill you at WOT. I'll be fabbing a 2.25" version for my SOHC when I get back from this job.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have a set of Magnaflow dual tips that I haven't yet gotten around to getting welded on. I'm in the same situation as you. I have a DC Sports exhaust and I hate the large 4" tip on it.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks so much for the info/pictures everyone. it really helped...I'm not so sure I can afford a cat back system (like the dc sports) but instead I'm thinking I'll just get a oem style muffler and modify the end, I can always get it welded up at work. I'm a total newb at welding but I could probably talk my boss into doing it. we shall see...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.