Honda CRX Forum banner

Dyno Results-7/1

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Dodo 
#1 ·
Just ran the Si on the dyno. Nothing impressive but not bad. Ran 108 HP at 6500 and 115 TQ at at 4500.

The engine has a Cold Air Intake, Nology Spark plug wires, And Royle Purple Oil.

Tell me, Good or bad?

#3 ·
Yep, WHP. The guy i bought it from said the engine was put in about 60000 miles ago. Theres 173000 on the body.

#6 ·
It was a Dyno Dynamics 2WD/AWD Dyno.

Its a ZC block, I dont know about the rest of it though.

#9 ·
Yes, SOHC ZC. Not the best for power it seems but still nice numbers from it.

#14 ·
At a 12.5% drivetrain loss, you are making 123 hp and 131 tq at the flywheel.

For the little you have done to the engine, it is laying down pretty amazing numbers considering stock is 108 hp and 100 tq. Honestly, I really can't see an additional 15hp and especially 31 foot pounds for simply a CAI, upgraded wires, and oil treatment. Maybe there were other things already done to the engine that the previous owner didn't know or tell you about?

Just as an example, a '97-'98 b18c5 (integra type R) only makes 130 tq... your d16 is making more? Something is definitely wrong or should I say very very right with your engine here.

#15 ·
Had it dyno before the upgrades at 102 Hp and 100 Tq, so its not that much add to the "stock" set-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.