1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I'm assuming you thought it's a B18 because VTEC is in larger letters than DOHC? On the first gen B16's, DOHC is bigger. On all 92+ JDM B-series VTEC engines, VTEC is bigger. It's probably just a simple valve cover swap in this case though, since it's red. All B VTEC valve covers interchange.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i really dont want the car i just want the engine and some interior parts, i was saying do u think its worth it to buy it for the engine and then part out the rest or wut??. But i probably wont buy it cause it dont have enough time to plan all of this.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If you buy that car, Ill buy the phat fives off of you.... :D

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If he is near you its worth a look but remember, you can get a b16 motor tranny and ecu from hmotorsonline.com for 1250 plus shipping and have a guarantee. The interior is trashed except for the dash which is only partly reconstructed. Maybe if you used your car as a parts car it could work between the 2. You need to see if the body work really is more than that, but you will have to go in person to see it.
You are near by, and you have still 19 hours. See if you can go for a look. Maybe he would cut you a deal for cash if you showed up and he would know he actually has a sale, unlike many ebay car auctions.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yikes. That car would have to be REALLY cheap for me to consider it. You can find a MUCHcleaner CRX with a B16 swap on honda-tech's classifieds for about $3 grand, and you wouldn't have to do any work on the interior (this one needs a lot of attention -- door panels, rear interior, seats, A-pillar covers, missing vents and glovebox, and lots of random missing or blue parts) or replace the front bumper and mirrors -- both are *hideously* ugly on this car (and you'd have to pay a bodyshop to paint the new front bumper, and the new mirrors if you wanted them to match). Like I said, if it was cheap enough (like, less than 2 grand) and you had access to cheap parts (like a parts car with a black interior in good shape), it wouldn't be a bad deal if you didn't mind doing the work. But for anything over 2 grand, it wouldn't be worth it to me once you figure the amount of money you'd be putting into it just to get it looking respectable....you could get a far more solid car that wouldn't require nearly as much work for the total amount you'd sink into this heap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.