Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Tiersin said:
why arnt people content to just keep there car the way it was ment to be.
I'm certainly not content to leave my car the way it was "ment" to be...same way with a lot of people here. That's why our cars are swapped and lowered, it's why they are faster and handle better and stop faster than stock. This car definitely isn't something I would do, but unlike most eBay monstrosities it actually looks reasonably well done, and a turbocharged/intercooled B20 is nothing to sneeze at for most guys here.

All the body mods look pretty stupid to me, and I have no idea why you would do something like put DA tails on a CRX...it just leaves a big awkward spot in between them. The body kit is obviously terrible. I'd actually like to see someone do something like an old Mustang fastback with the quarter windows...totally shaving them is just dumb.

A car like this with no real decent engine pics and no interior pics whatsoever has to make you wonder what's up...all in all a car that someone just went a little too far with.

·
Registered
778 Posts
engine sounds like a beast, the head lights look sorta cool but the rest needs to go. i don't like getting rid of the rear windows, it looks bad. the body kit is horrid looking, but i guess to this guy it looks good

·
Registered
952 Posts
The thing looks like a Del sol with the tail cut off. This car is stupid looking. The person that had the work done, should be found and (due to the rating of this story, the story can not continue). Thats my feeling on this. I can think of better ways to spend 25 k then to do that to a crx. The person has to much money and should have to pay me just to look at the car. I dont blame him for wanting to get rid of it but why not just send it to the crusher and save us all the suffering of looking at it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
shadowcrx said:
its a show car guys.......get over it :roll:
Givin that it is a show car, if i had a choice over this car and another crx that was mostly stock, id choose the the stock one.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ya i am not saying its my style ya know, but i am just saying everyone always makes these topics............. and who cares ya know, all of us browse ebay.... all of us see them

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i think the shaved rear windows look pretty slick. not good for a DD but i like the look. Other body features leave somthing to be desired, but overall for a show car its ok. Atleast it doesnt have a 5.4foot wing on it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, let me clarify: i dont think switching you car over to look like a frankenstein of other cars is a good idea. if you want a 300zx, get one. i'm not sayin moding is a bad thing, but even with show cars, there are limits before it becomes "too much".

this is just my opinion. i didnt meen to try to sell it or anything. I can definatly appreciate the kind of time skill and effort that goes into a car like that.

·
Registered
634 Posts
baker_jeff said:
I hate it when people swap different make headlights or tail lights on their vehicles. It just doesn't flow! :x
For the most part, I have to agree. 99.9999% of the time, it just screws up the look and the lines of the car. That said, though, I have seen a couple '96-'00 Civic hatchbacks that had 3G ('93-up) Integra front ends grafted on - and I thought they actually looked pretty good! While I loathe the front end on the Integra, those four tiny headlights on a small hatchback just gave it an overall "European" feel, something akin to an Alfa Romeo or a Renault.

And yeah, show cars *need* to be "extreme", just to get noticed at all. It's going to be a funny, funny day when the car that gets noticed at in import show is a bone-stock, mint-condition, like-new CRX that gets all the heads turning just because so few people have ever actually seen one that hasn't been completely modded beyond all recognition.

Mike

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
cars modded like that should be put into a show car museum...to document the foolishness of mankind.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I kinda like the headlights. I think it would look pretty clean if he a) got rid of the side flares and front lip thing and just left the front and sides smooth, b) didn't remove the rear quarter glass, and c) had molded those taillighte in better. They look like her just kinda crammed them in there on the sides and like they stick out on the top.
I think car look good if you look at it and don't instantly notice everything that has been done to it. Show cars win becasue everything on them looks like it was stock somehow, even though you know it isn't.
Anyway at least he payed attention to the engine, suually theres some ugly body kit with a lil ole dpfi d15 in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.