Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Pull the carpet back on the passenger side of the car. Then, turn the key to the on position (II) and watch the blinking LED on the ECU panel. Count the number of times it blinks per code and tell us what the code is. If the ECU light is on and the ECU has no blinking light, that's code 0, means the ECU is dead. If it blinks, it's something mechanical about the car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
before you get a new ECU, check out your distributor.
I ended up having some bad wiring in the distributor harness.

I had this happen to me last summer.

-Henry

·
Registered
731 Posts
whitey2g said:
no spark and no fuel
common denominator here is the main relay.

When you turn the key to the "on" position you must always have 2 clicks from the main relay. If you don't, chances are it is bad.

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
It only takes one keystroke to turn caps lock off, and people will take you more seriously. You look lazy or just ignorant typing in all caps.

The thermostat ground is on the thermostat housing, of course. :p Follow the lower radiator hose back to the engine, and you should see a wire coming out of the harness, bolted to that housing. Make sure it's a good clean connection with no corrosion.

·
Registered
731 Posts
whitey2g said:
THERMOSTAT GROUND??? I CHANGED THE ECU AND THE MAIN RELAY AND STILL NOTHING AND MORE HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
What more do you want than the solution to your problem? I've seen and fixed this exact problem many times. More than likely it's a main relay grounding problem.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.